Completed 2013 Reading Challenges

Thursday, July 23, 2026

Review: John Grebble is Gone by Peter James

 



About the Book



Genre
Thriller

Format
E-Book

Publisher
Amazon Original Stories

Release Date
August 1, 2026

Synopsis from Goodreads:

John Grebble wakes up to discover he’s been declared dead. His bank account is frozen, his car repossessed, and his entire existence erased. Someone wants him gone—permanently.

Within hours, his world unravels. His debit card is declined. His car is towed away. His office locks him out. The police treat him like a criminal. According to every system, every database, every official record—John Grebble is no more.

But John is very much alive. And as he tries to uncover who could have pulled off such an elaborate erasure of his identity, he realises this isn’t just a mistake—it’s personal. Someone with intimate knowledge of his life has gone to extraordinary lengths to scrub him out completely. And this is just the start…

In this gripping short thriller laced with dark humour, Number One Sunday Times bestselling author Peter James can John Grebble uncover who would go this far to destroy him before it’s too late?

My Review

John Grebble is stunned to discover that he’s dead. His car is repossessed, his bank froze all his accounts, and he can’t even use his keycard to get into his office. He can’t believe this is happening.

He tries to get help from the police, but they aren’t buying his story.  They don’t believe he’s the real John Grebble. He must figure out a way to prove his identity and get his life back.

Although this is a short story, it’s packed with drama. It’s intriguing and scary to think something like this could happen. 

It’s a quick read and can be completed in one sitting. It’s the first I’ve read by this author but it won’t be the last.

For reading challenges:

Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2026


Disclosure: I received this free from the Amazon First Reads program. I was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.