The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, it is now being hosted by Deb at Readerbuzz.
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is a meme with a new host! It's now being hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. This is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!
I'm also linking to Stacking the Shelves which is hosted by Reading Reality.
Hi Everyone!
The weather continues to be hot and humid. This kind of weather makes me feel like not going out and just staying inside with the air conditioning. Unfortunately, it didn't make me read any faster. I didn't finish any books this week. I have no idea why. Well, I did have a migraine today so that's one reason I didn't read today.
I started watching a new series on Peacock - The Five-Star Weekend with Jennifer Garner. It's based on the book by Elin Hilderbrand. I planned to read the book first, but it didn't work out that way. I only saw the first two episodes and it's good, but I really want to read the book. So, I might stop watching and read the book. I'm not sure, but I always loved Elin Hilderbrand's books.
Not much else is going on around here. How was your week? I hope everyone has a great week!
Yvonne
Blog Tours/Spotlights/Reviews/Giveaways
I Hosted Last Week
Saturday: Spotlight: A Field Guide to Dream and Deceit by Michelle L. Cullen (Blog Tour/Tour-Wide Giveaway
Blog Tours/Spotlights/Reviews/Giveaways Coming Up Next Week
Monday: Spotlight: Crying in the Chapel by Teresa Trent (Blog Tour/Tour-Wide Giveaway)
Wednesday: Spotlight: All Aboard for Murder by Ellen Byron (Blog Tour/Tour-Wide Giveaway)
Posts last week:
Wednesday: Can't Wait Wednesday
I'm still reading...













I have If Books Could Kill and am eager to see what the plot is! Enjoy your many books.
ReplyDeletehttps://harvee44.blogspot.com/2026/07/romantic-gothic-suspense-by-mary-stewart.html
I'm almost finished with the book and really like it. I hope you do too.
DeleteI hope you’re feeling better after the migraine! I’ve been reading one book for weeks because life has been so busy, and now you’ve made me want to pick up The Five-Star Weekend too. Happy Reading!
ReplyDeleteI'm doing better, thanks. I still have to read that book, but it looks so good. Have a great week!
DeleteThere's something about the heat and humidity that slows down my reading every year. I love to read on the porch, and when it is too hot and humid, I don't last outside.
ReplyDeleteI know the feeling. I can't read outside on the porch right now. I'm guessing I won't be able to until the fall.
DeleteLooks like you have had a good week there. While I wish I could read more in the summer, the weather is so miserable at times and it can really affect you in a negative way. Hope you are able to pick up some books this week.
ReplyDeleteExactly! The weather plays a big part in my reading even though I'm inside. Hopefully I'll read more this week.
DeleteI’m sorry about the migraine, make sure you keep your fluids up in this hot weather.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your week, happy reading!
Thanks. I'm drinking plenty of water. Have a great week!
DeleteHope you have a good week!
ReplyDeleteThanks! You too!
DeleteIt's hot and humid here also. I mostly stay inside now other than watering the garden. I'm glad to be home and work on getting caught up. I've seen positive reviews about Elin Hildebrand but haven't read her books yet.
ReplyDeleteAnne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post
Lately I've just been going out for appointments. I love Elin Hildebrand's books. Have a great week!
DeleteI hope your migraine is better, those are brutal. It's been hot here also, too hot to do much outside. I've read a few Elin Hilderbrand books and enjoyed them. Have a good week ahead!
ReplyDeleteThanks. It comes and goes. Staying inside is always best for me in this weather. Have a great week!
DeleteLooks like some fun murder mysteries there for you. I have heard good things about Hildebrand. Migraines are the worst and hope you are improving there. Happy Sunday!
ReplyDeleteI am tempted to watch that show. We are binge watching Shrinking.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to check out Shrinking.
DeleteOof, migraine squad unite (quietly, somewhere cool and dark -- though I don't tend to be photosensitive, thank goodness). Hope you've shaken that off!
ReplyDeleteThe humidity has been the worst part of the heat here, but we're having a cooler week now, whew. Wishing you some nicer weather!
They come and go. I get those awful flashing lights. I'm doing better now, though. I hope you are too. Hope you have a great week!
DeleteSome weeks are just like this, time goes and it’s hard to tell where. I’m praying the headache is gone.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your migraine. I used to get them as a kid. Praying you find relief soon. Looks like some great books when you can get to them.
ReplyDeletehttps://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2026/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-mailbox_0430700206.html
Sorry to hear about the migraine. I liked If Books Could Kill and hope you do too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteI have the book The Five Star Weekend and had been debating if I wanted to wait to watch the show until after I read it. Sounds like that's definitely the case. So sorry about the migraine. I definitely can't read when I've got one coming on let alone which it is full blown. I hope you're feeling better and able to enjoy some reading.
ReplyDeleteIt's interesting to see the difference between a book and its TV series or movie. If I can only choose one its always the book, an adaptation is not always true to the book.
ReplyDelete