About the Book
Synopsis from Goodreads:
Life aboard the SS Starlight takes a dangerous turn when Olivia Morgan spots something suspicious in the shadows.
With a mysterious fire threatening the ship and a crew member found dead in a smoke-filled cabin, this cruise is anything but smooth sailing!
As Olivia and her chatty parrot sidekick Chico investigate, they discover a sinister plot that stretches across multiple cruise lines. Between dodging danger and performing her magic act, Olivia must also figure out what to do about the growing seriousness of her relationship with the ship's handsome Chief of Security, Alex Ballas.
Can Olivia and Chico uncover the truth before more victims surface? Will Olivia's magic skills help her catch a killer? And will she manage to solve the mystery before she becomes the next target?
My Review
Olivia Morgan is terrified when a fire breaks out filling her cabin with smoke on the cruise ship. She hurries to get her parrot, Chico, to safety. When a fellow crew member is found dead, everyone fears the cause is more than the fire.
Olivia’s boyfriend Alex is the Chief of Security and insists she stays with him until her own cabin is cleared from smoke damage. Olivia overhears things that fuel her suspicions and starts her own investigation. Alex is not happy about this, to say the least.
Things continue to take dangerous turns leaving Olivia desperate to find answers. The race is on to find out what is happening on this ship before anything else bad happens.
I was delighted to see another entry into this cozy mystery series. It’s become one of my favorites. This one is filled with action, mystery and a bit of romance, too.
Olivia and Alex are a great couple, while Olivia and Chico make a great sleuthing pair. I would love to see what happens next in Olivia and Alex's relationship.
The witty remarks from Chico made me laugh. The danger of the story kept me at the edge of my seat. It’s a fast-paced read and I’m really hoping there will be more in this series. It’s such a humorous, captivating adventure. I wish I had another to read right now!
Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge 2026
What An Animal Reading Challenge 2026
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge 2026
Disclosure: I borrowed this one from the Kindle Unlimited library. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.
I love the cruise ship setting and the parrot sidekick. This looks like a fun one!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a good one.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like it would be a fun setting overall.
ReplyDelete