Completed 2013 Reading Challenges

▼

Sunday, October 11, 2026

The Weekend Review - October 10th-12th











The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, it is now being hosted by Deb at Readerbuzz.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is a meme with a new host!  It's now being hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. This is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I'm also linking to Stacking the Shelves which is hosted by Reading Reality.


Hi Everyone! 

Happy Weekend! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend and had a great week. 

Another quiet one for me.  We had rainy weather for most of the week. Now it's on the humid side, but not rainy. Nothing to complain about here.

Tonight we are going to a concert. The Monkee Men - They are a tribute band for the Monkees. This should be fun.

I only finished one book this week.  Several of my TV shows came back for the new season. I continue to watch Survivor. I also watched Chicago Med, Fire and PD. We watched two movies this week, too. (No wonder I only finished one book this week.)

The movies were Disclosure Day and Evil Dead burn. Neither movie is great, but they were watchable. Evil Dead Burn would have been a good movie to watch closer to Halloween. Very gory.  I had to close my eyes several times even though I usually like horror movies.

So, that's my week.  How was your week?  I hope everyone has a great upcoming week!


Blog Tours/Spotlights/Reviews/Giveaways  
I Hosted Last Week

Blog Tours/Spotlights/Reviews/Giveaways Coming Up Next Week


Wednesday:  Spotlight:  All's Wool That Ends Wool by Rebecca McKinnon (Blog Tour/Tour-Wide Giveaway)

Saturday: Spotlight: French Toast a la Santa Fe by Suzanne Stauffer (Blog Tour/Tour-Wide Giveaway)

Posts last week:






I'm currently reading...







I finished reading...







These are the books I'm planning to read through October. I'll probably make changes along the way, though. Between my mood reading and reading challenges, I'm sure this will change a few times.






Here is this week's e-book freebie haul.  They were freebies when I got them, I don't know if they still are. Always make sure to check they are still free before buying. The prices change quickly. 





5 comments:

  1. Oof, gory movies get to me too -- though I'm not much of a horror person anyway, gore is somehow the worst part.

    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like suspense, but gory is something else. You have a good week too!

      Delete
  2. Loving all the mysteries. It was 90 yesterday after being up and down all week. I no longer know how to dress..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's 90 today here too. In Florida, it's always safe to dress for the tropics even when it's raining. LOL

      Delete
  3. I'm glad your tv shows are back on. My son who lives in Chicago and his family love all the Chicago shows. It's great you enjoyed the movies, despite the gory parts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.