Completed 2013 Reading Challenges

▼

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Can't Wait Wednesday - September 30th






This meme is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings.



Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. Find out more here.


This looks so good.  I've been wanting to read this author for a long time. I saw the movie based on her The Housemaid book and loved it. I know I'll love her other books.








Synopsis from Goodreads:

Some secrets don't die―they wait.

When Julia Barlow loses her job and her apartment, she has nowhere left to go but Pemberton, her family's sprawling seventeenth-century estate in rural Massachusetts. Officially, she's there to check in on her aging grandmother. Unofficially, she's hoping the old house will give her a place to disappear.

Instead, Pemberton begins to unravel her.

Every night, the grandfather clock stops at exactly 3:41 a.m. The lights flicker without warning. And a disembodied voice cries for help outside Julia's bedroom door.

As Julia digs into the house's dark history, she uncovers the story of a woman executed for witchcraft in 1692―and realizes the past may not be finished with Pemberton yet. When decades of family lies begin to surface, Julia must confront a terrifying truth: Pemberton may be haunted by women whose voices refuse to stay silent.

Publisher:  Poisoned Pen Press
Release Date: October 6,
 2026



What book are you waiting for?







7 comments:

  1. That sounds good! I like a lot of McFadden’s novels. I have so many books in my TBR pile that I haven’t thought about wanting a new one. But I still keep getting them 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a gripping page-turner - though if I were reading it, I'd probably need to keep the lights on for the rest of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh yes! I can't wait for The Witch either!
    https://essentiallyash.blogspot.com/2026/09/waiting-on-wednesday-house-built-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great read. I'll check it out.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same, sjhigbee. I want to read it, but I'm going to keep it to the daytime until I get a feel for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://cherylscozycorner.com/2026/09/cant-wait-wednesday-september-30th/

      Delete
  6. I haven't read anything by this author yet but all her books sound really good. This sounds like a page turner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.