Completed 2013 Reading Challenges

▼

Friday, October 2, 2026

Friday Book Snippets - October 2nd

 



Book Beginnings on Friday and Friday 56 are now combined into one blogging event.  It is hosted by Olivia @ Bemused & Bookish and Anne @ Head Full of Books.  The directions are to post two snippets. One is from the beginning of the book and the second is from page 56 or any other page of the book you are currently reading. 


I'm getting ready to start the audiobook of this one:







Beginning:

It was a blindingly sunny morning in May, and Joe Molinari was out for a walk in the park with Martha, his smart and funny dog, and Julie his adorable nine-month-old baby girl. 

Second Snippet - From page 56 of the ebook...

There was no way to run or to hide, but she was thinking clearly and she was determined.

My thoughts...

I'm finally trying to get caught up on this series. I thought maybe if I listened to the audio book it would be easier to catch up. I'm not sure about that, though, since it's usually harder for me to listen to thrillers, mysteries, or suspense but I'll give it a try. I borrowed both the audio and ebook from the library. That way I'll have a choice which one I want to read. 


What are you sharing this week?

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm… Women’s Murder Club sounds intriguing. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me or does anyone else get nervous if a thriller starts with an animal and/or child?
    I'm sharing a comedy/mystery book this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on a series through audio is a good idea, I find it easier to get through a long backlog that way too. I mostly read non-fiction so I can't say much about the series, but I hope the audio version works better for you than you expect. Having the ebook as a backup from the library is a smart plan.
    https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Patterson years and years ago and enjoyed his books though I did have to cheat to make sure certain characters made it to the end from time to time. I bet they're fantastic on audio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy your read. I'm a fan of checking out both the audio and ebook versions sometimes, too. So helpful sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this book when it first came out. I gave away most of my Patterson books earlier this year. I've lost interest in his stories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.