Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Teaser Tuesday - May 30th




If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm using one of the books I just finished reading...



First Chapter...

Peter J. Wheeler sat at the shiny Honduran mahogany desk in his high-rise paneled law office in Center City Philadelphia rehearsing what he would say to the beneficiaries of his best friend's will once they arrived. There's be no easy or pleasant way to get through the next few hours, and if he hadn't loved the deceased like a brother, he would've killed Fritz Hudson with his own two hands for putting him in this position. Over the years, Pete had been called upon to clean up a good number of messes on Fritz's behalf, but this...this was...


Teaser...

I should've tied him to a chair right then and there, dialed the phone, handed it to him, and not let him up until he'd come clean with his kids. All his kids.

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

6 comments:

  1. Ooh what is he keeping from his kids? Why is he tied up? Very intriguing. :)

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating! I've been eyeing this book. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “SAME BEACH, NEXT YEAR”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued what he's keeping from his kids now.

    My Teaser Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! Now I need to find out more. Come clean about what?

    Here's my last Teaser for May

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this book! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would keep reading. Loved the teaser.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.