Friday, May 5, 2017

Review: Hospitality and Homicide by Lynn Cahoon



Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-ARC

Publisher:
Lyrical Underground

Release Date:
May 16, 2017






Synopsis from Goodreads:

A visit to the serene coastal town of South Cove, California, could make anybody feel refreshed and inspired. But as Jill Gardner—owner of Coffee, Books, and More—discovers, some folks won’t live to tell about it . . .

Mystery author Nathan Pike checked into South Cove Bed & Breakfast to compose a compelling novel, not commit murder. But things get real when a rival B&B owner ends up exactly like the victim in his draft—undeniably dead. As Nathan prepares to complete his magnum opus behind bars, Jill’s the only one who can prove his innocence and deconstruct the plot of a twisted killer!

My Review

Lynn Cahoon is back with Jill Gardner and another mystery. This time the owner of a local B&B is murdered in the same manner written in author Nathan Pike’s book. Naturally this makes Pike the number one suspect, but Jill isn’t buying it. Her boyfriend, Greg King, may be a police detective, but it’s Jill who loves solving murder mysteries and she intends to solve this one.

Greg would rather see Jill spend more time on their relationship, but it’s not to be. Not only is she involved in investigating the murder, she’s attending school to get her business degree. Also, there’s a second mystery going on in town when a child disappears and is presumed dead. Jill’s psychic neighbor thinks otherwise and Jill intends to get to the bottom of that too.

I always enjoy my visits to the small town of South Cove, California. It feels like visiting and catching up with old friends. This is the 8th book in the series and I've read them all.  It keeps getting better with each book.

I would have liked to see more focus on the murder aspect than the romance side of things.  When it comes to my cozies, I enjoy the mystery with a small dose of romance.

I did enjoy trying to figure things out and seeing what the cast of characters have been up to. The characters are well-developed and the storyline moves at a fast pace. I’m already looking forward to the next book in this well-written, engrossing series.



For reading challenges:
Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge 2017
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge 2017

FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I used to live in California and love reading books that take place there. I love the cover, very cozy looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.