Tuesday, April 17, 2018

First Chapter Tuesday/Teaser Tuesday - April 17th


Every Tuesday Vicki at I'd Rather Be At the Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I haven't started reading this yet, but I plan to soon...





First Chapter...

Alison had no trouble spotting her younger daughter in the crowd milling around the ferry's blue luggage racks.  Felicity was the one who looked like an 1890s Irish peasant.  She wore a flowing skirt undoubtedly made from an Indian bedspread, a lace blouse, a brightly colored shawl, and Birkenstock sandals.  And dangling beaded earrings and maybe a dozen multicolored bracelets.  And a backpack made out of what looked like corn husks.

Teaser...

When Alison and David met, at a simple summer cocktail party, it was as if the moment they stepped out onto the patio, they boarded a train that would speed them into lives they'd never anticipated.

What do you think? Would you keep reading?

8 comments:

  1. I like this author for a nice change of pace a generally cheery read. Thanks for sharing - sounds like a perfect summer choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, and I am actually reading it now! Loving it. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE FEMALE PERSUASION”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the description in the opening. The author has painted such a vivid picture. I'd definitely keep reading to get to know these characters better.
    My Tuesday post features excerpts from Goodbye to the Blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how descriptive the author is and I love that cover. I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Nancy Thayer and I've been eyeing this one. See what we are featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the detail in that first paragraph. I also love Nancy Thayer. This one has to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read this author but I really want to try her books! The teasers look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.