Friday, July 23, 2021

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - July 23rd




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I'm reading this one and really enjoying it.  The excerpts are from the E-ARC.





First Chapter

Quietly opening my front door to avoid being followed by my cat, Whiskers, or waking up my roommate, Maribel Hernandez, I ran through all the excuses I could give to my brother, Nick, for being late to work - if he was there to ask me why I wasn't on time.

From 56% on my Kindle...

Later I would go to the spa and start my focused investigation.  Right now, I had my own business to mind.


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Whitney Dagner is your tour guide to a Pacific paradise that's to die for--only to find it's a place people are also willing to kill for--in Gabby Allan's Much Ado About Nauticaling, first in the "Whit and Whiskers Mystery" series.

After far too many years in the Los Angeles corporate world, Whitney Dagner has come home to Santa Catalina Island off the California coast to help her brother Nick run Nautically Yours, the family tourism business. Between gift shop shifts selling all manner of T-shirts and tchotchkes and keeping her feline Whiskers in fine fettle, she pilots the Sea Bounder, a glass bottom boat showing tourists the underwater sights of aquatic plants, marine life--and a murder victim?

The self-proclaimed Master of the Island, Jules Tisdale was a wealthy man with business interests throughout Catalina who was about to be honored as Person of the Year before someone strangled him with his own tie and tossed his body into the water. That someone appears to be Nick, who had a raw deal from Jules and no alibi the night of his murder. To clear her brother's name, Whit will have to investigate Jules' shady associates and not exactly grief-stricken family members--with the unwelcome help of Felix Ramirez, police diver and Whit's ex-boyfriend who's looking to rekindle their relationship.

 
What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



7 comments:

  1. Love the title pun, cozy thrillers really have the best titles and the cutest covers! This sounds very intriguing though, I love the set-up of her trying to escape stress and hassle and ending up in both, plus a corpse and an ex! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw you talking about this one on one or two of your Sunday Posts as well, sounds like a fun read.

    Hope you get to it this weekend!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hairpin Bridge by Taylor Adams

    Synopsis from Goodreads:

    Three months ago, Lena Nguyen’s estranged twin sister, Cambry, drove to a remote bridge sixty miles outside of Missoula, Montana, and jumped two hundred feet to her death. At least, that is the official police version.

    But Lena isn’t buying it.

    Now she’s come to that very bridge, driving her dead twin’s car and armed with a cassette recorder, determined to find out what really happened by interviewing the highway patrolman who allegedly discovered her sister’s body.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good one! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this looks good! I love the beginning and the 56.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so good.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com.
    Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.