Saturday, October 1, 2022

Review: A Cat Cafe Christmas by Codi Gary

 


About the Book


Genre
Romance

Format
E-ARC

Publisher
Forever 

Release Date
October 4, 2022


Synopsis from Goodreads:

A laugh-out-loud, opposites attract romance about three of the world’s most beloved C’s: Christmas, Coffee, and Cats.

Veterinarian and animal lover Kara Ingalls needs a Christmas miracle. Opening the Meow and Furrever Cat Café to find loving homes for adorable, adoptable cats was a dream come true—but with more cats than customers, it’s quickly turning into a nightmare. If Kara can’t figure out some way to get the café out of the red, it won’t last past the holidays.

Marketing guru Ben Reese may be annoyingly smart and frustratingly bossy, but when he hatches a plan to put the café in the “green” by Christmas, Kara realizes that she’d be a fool to turn down his help. And so what if he turns out to be an excellent problem solver and nerdy-hot—he can’t even handle fostering one little kitten. She needs to keep their relationship professional and focus on saving the cafe.

But if Ben and Kara can set aside their differences—and find homes for all the cats by Christmas—they might discover that, by risking their hearts, they’ll have their own purr-fect holiday . . . together. 

My Review

Kara Ingalls is devoted to cats and animal rescue.  That’s what makes her a great veterinarian.  Along with her best friend, they decide to open a cat cafe.  While the customers enjoy some tasty pastries and coffee, they also have the opportunity to adopt one of the loving cats looking for their forever home.  However, it takes more than a love of cats to keep the cafe open.  Kara has to come up with the funds to support her business.

Ben Reese is an expert marketing professional, and he has some great ideas in helping Kara raise funds and bring positive attention to her cafe.  Kara has trust issues with men and she’s not sure she should go along with Ben’s plan, but she doesn’t have much choice if she doesn’t want the cafe to close.

Kara and Ben are a classic case of opposites attracting.  The sparks fly when they are together.  Their goal of making the cat cafe a success brings them closer every day.

Each chapter starts off with a description of one of the cats available for adoption at Kara’s cat cafe. I thought it an excellent touch to bring the reader right into the fictitious cafe.  I know I felt as if I were there and rooted for each cat to be adopted.

To say I enjoyed this book would be an understatement. As a cat lover, this book touched all my emotions and checked all my boxes for a great story.  At one point I couldn’t even see the pages as my eyes filled with tears. This is a topic that is dear to my heart, and I thought the author did an excellent job of creating a realistic story.

The romance is sweet and heartwarming.  Kara and Ben each come with their own set of skeletons in their closet.  Each one tries so hard to get over them, but sometimes you just need the help of someone who truly cares.

I think this would make an excellent Hallmark movie.  These are two characters I cheered for from beginning to end. This is a beautiful Christmas romance that leaves you with those warm fuzzy feelings.


For reading challenges:

What An Animal Reading Challenge 2022


FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed a free Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. I love that each chapter starts with one of the cats up for adoption! This sounds so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I made it to the last paragraph of your review, I was thinking how much it reminds me of the Hallmark movie The Nine Lives of Christmas and the sequel The Nine Kittens of Christmas. Those movies aren't about a cat cafe, but the whole vibe sounds similar. The Nine Kittens of Christmas is my favorite Hallmark movie, but I love them both. I think I would enjoy this book. I spent part of my birthday this year at a cat cafe after my cat crossed Rainbow Bridge just nine days before that. I knew I wanted to be around cats on my birthday and the cat cafe was just what I needed. That was before Bell and Fiona were adopted from a cat rescue. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like so much fun and I love that each chapter started with a description of a different cat. Adding this one to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great book for cat lovers and romance readers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.