Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Petchy Maligula by Stan Carter




Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Science Fiction
Format: EBook
Publisher: Gypsy Shadow Publishing
Release Date: August 2010

Petchy Maligula, a private investigator, is hired to find missing TV archaeologist – Faladan Pala. Faladan is the host of the popular TV series “I Dig the Past” and well loved by millions, including Petchy herself. In fact, Petchy has a huge crush on the TV star and has a personal interest in finding him. Much to her surprise, she finds there are quite a few people who would like to get rid of the popular star.

She believes a cult has kidnapped Faladan and planning to use him as a sacrifice. There’s no way she can let this happen. She tries desperately to put a stop to this and even uses a couple of ghost spies along the way to help her. Petchy is beyond shocked when she learns the true reason behind the TV host’s disappearance.

The story is set in Betroit, Mechigan. At first I thought there were quite a few typos in this book, but then I realized it’s a parallel universe. The main character, Petchy, is a tough, larger than life character who can hold her own, but occasionally needs help from some of her friends who have more supernatural powers than she does. This book kept me on my toes and I loved every minute of it. This was a fun, quirky and intriguing read.

7 comments:

  1. Haven't seen this one before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I thought it was a type as well! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parallell universe, I do like the sound of that

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good, funny about the typos being part of the parallel universe.

    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the positive comments. I must confess, if I had it to do over, I would not have changed the spellings of everything, or I would have changed them more. It was done deliberately, because this alternate world is just slightly different than ours. Maybe instead of "Betroit," I should have called it "Troit." That would've been cooler. Oh well. On my next novel I'll know better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun and enjoyable read. I'm glad to hear the typos were meant to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting sounding book. I do enjoy a fun, quirky book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.