Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Hudson Agency – Chicago Style by Ellie Oberth




Genre:
Mystery

Format:
EBook

Publisher:
Smashwords

Release Date:
February 2012





Carl Danby has worked for the Hudson Agency as a private investigator for a long time. After suffering from a work-related injury, his boss is pushing for Danby’s retirement. However, Danby is not quite ready to oblige.

When a successful business man, Benjamin Porter, is convinced his life is in danger, he hires the Agency to find his attacker. Danby is on the job, but he’s not alone. His boss assigns a new recruit to assist him, much to Danby’s dismay. As Danby uses his knowledge and experience to solve this case, the newbie is looking for answers in other places. Danby does his best not to let the newbie get in the way before something deadly happens to their client.

It doesn’t take long for Danby to figure out the true mystery of this case, which is complete with a surprise ending.

This is a short story that can be read in just a couple of hours. While readers try to crack the case along with Danby, they will be treated to many humorous scenes and quite a few puzzles to figure out. Danby is a fun, gruff character who readers will find endearing. I hope there will be more stories in the future featuring Danby.





FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.