Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Review: Circle in the Sand by Tracy Krimmer






Genre:
Romance

Format:
E-Book

Release Date:
June 17, 2019







Synopsis from Goodreads:

Follow the rules. Be reliable. Don’t wear your heart on your sleeve.

Living by these words didn’t put librarian Isla Hunter any closer to the life she imagined at thirty. With her birthday in only a few days, she can’t wait to sail away on a week in the sun with her friends Asher and Charlotte. It may be just what she needs.

When an attractive woman takes a liking to Asher, Isla’s heart feels threatened in an unfamiliar way. She’s used to Asher flipping through women like a playbook without a second thought, but this time it’s different. As she tries to sort out her emotions, she struggles with Asher’s connection with this woman. Is it time for Isla to finally break the rules or will that only lead her in hot water?

My Review

Isla Hunter is celebrating her thirtieth birthday in style. She’s going on a cruise with her best friends Charlotte and Asher. Since she recently broke up with her longtime boyfriend, she’s hoping this will be the perfect way to get her out of her doldrums.

Asher definitely likes to play the field as far as women go and the cruise ship is the perfect place to do that. Isla is used to Asher’s playboy ways, but this time, it’s really bothering her. She can’t figure out why, but she takes an immediate disliking towards the woman Asher is hanging out with on the ship. Suddenly, Isla is thinking of Asher as much more than just a friend.

This series is so much fun. Circle in the Sand is book #3 in the Oceanic Dreams series, but each book stands on its own. The characters are completely different in each book. The one thing linking them together is that they all take place on the cruise ship, Oceanic Aphrodite. However, the stories do not connect in any way.

The book can be read in one sitting. The characters are charming, although there were a couple of times I wanted to shake some sense into Isla and Asher. Mostly Isla. LOL Reading this book was a wonderful way for me to get away from the stress of reality for a few hours. An enjoyable beach read! I can’t wait to go on my next cruise in book #4.



FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book from the author.  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I have the Kindle edition of this series and your review makes me want to get started on it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. Reiterates my wanting to go on a cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds really good! And something I would definitely enjoy. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.