Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Review: The Menu by Steven Manchester




Genre:
Fiction, Romance

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Luna Bella Media, Incorporated

Release Date:
June 16, 2020








Synopsis from Goodreads:

Blessed with a high emotional IQ, Phinn Reed enters the world with the promise of finding his soul mate. With heaven’s memories erased, his romantic quest teaches him that the heart often sees clearer than the eyes—and that not everyone has ordered the same items from The Menu. Evidence that love stories come in many different forms, The Menu is a spiritual journey involving more than just a man and a woman; it is a modern-day tale that reaches far beyond the boundaries of reason.

My Review

This is a book about choices, both good and bad choices. Before his birth, Phinn Reed is given The Menu and chooses the life he is about to experience. He is looking for his soulmate. This is the story of how he deals with his life and the consequences that come with his choices.

I find this a difficult book to summarize as I don’t want to give anything away and it truly has to be read to get the full meaning. Steven Manchester has been one of my favorite authors for a long time. This book did not disappoint. This author’s words are beautifully crafted. He is a master storyteller.

I devoured this one, reading late into the night. It’s filled with emotions and tugs on all the heartstrings. I read the last couple of chapters through blurred vision because of all the tears.

Another book to add to my all time favorites list. This is a book that will stick with me long after I've read the last page.


Disclosure: I borrowed this one from the Kindle Unlimited library . All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your heartfelt review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that you loved it so much, I have iton my Kindle and plan to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating premise, and terrific, enthusiastic review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.