Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Review: Assailants, Asphalts & Alibis by Tonya Kappes, author and JoHanna Parker, narrator


 

About the Book


Genre
Cozy Mystery

Format
Audio book

Publisher
Tantor Media

Release Date
January 7, 2020


Synopsis from Goodreads:


Welcome to Normal, Kentucky~ where nothing is normal.

Telling stories around a campfire at Happy Trails Campground is very entertaining to The Laundry Club women until one of the story teller's tall tale about murder and alibis comes true, leaving the story teller MURDERED!

Once again, Mae and the Laundry Club ladies find themselves doing things they never thought they'd do while trying to get clues to who or why someone murdered the tourist.

Mae discovers an unheeded warning that will bring the tall tale to life if she can't end the story for good before the killer strikes again.


My Review


After hearing a few campfire stories, Mae West and the women from the Laundry Club are heading off to conduct their own treasure hunting outing.  As often happens to Mae, she doesn’t find the treasure but she does find a dead body.  Mae and her friends set out to find a killer.

This series is such fun.  That is the best way for me to describe it.  I’m listening to this series on audio and it’s such a delight.  The narrator make me feel a part of the story.  She’s a natural. 

As with all the books in this series (this is book #8), the mystery is contained in each book.  So, you don’t have to read them all but one of the best things for me with this series is watching Mae West’s character growth.  She started out as a spoiled socialite and now she’s one of the gang at the Happy Trails Campground.  There’s even some romance in the air for her. 

It’s on to the next Mae West adventure for me.



For reading challenges:

Craving for the Cozies Reading Challenge 2022
Audiobook Challenge 2022
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2022


Disclosure:  I borrowed the audiobook from the library. All opinions expressed are my own.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.