Friday, March 29, 2024

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - March 29th





This week I'm joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.  This is where we post the beginning of the books we are reading or will be reading.  






I'm also joining in for the Friday 56.  

Freda at Freda's Voice started and hosted The Friday 56 for a long, long time. She is taking a break and Anne at My Head if Full of Books has taken on hosting duties in her absence. Please visit Anne's blog and link to your Friday 56 post.


Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.



I will be reading this soon.  I loved the previous books.  All excerpts are from the E-ARC.






Book Beginnings

I've never witnessed a murder before.   

From 56% on my e-reader 

I wanted nothing more than to jump in his jeep with him and leave Savannah standing alone in the driveway, but that would be rude.  

Synopsis from Goodreads:

The rhythm is gonna get you.

It’s been five whole months since the last murder in Cedar River, Texas, and Juni Jessup and her sisters Tansy and Maggie have been humming along when disaster strikes again.

Their struggling vinyl records shop/coffee nook, Sip & Spin Records, is under pressure from predatory investors, though the Jessup sisters aren’t ready to face the music and admit defeat. But the night after their meeting, the sketchy financier is killed outside their shop during a torrential Texas thunderstorm that washes out all the roads in and out of town. Now the sisters find themselves trapped in Cedar River with a killer, and Juni is determined to solve the case.

When the river spits out an unexpected surprise, Detective Beau Russell asks for Juni’s help, never predicting her investigation will spin her into danger. Up until now, the Jessup sisters have been playing it by ear, but with the whole town watching, can they catch a killer before he strikes again?

What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



8 comments:

  1. I can tell that kitty on the cover is very good! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title! And that opening definitely draws you right in. I hope you enjoy it once you dive into it! I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so good! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: BOOKISH FRIDAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished this one and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The title and the cover are very inviting. Glad you've found an author/series you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard such great things about this series. I really want to read it. And after reading the excerpts for this one, I want to read it even more! Thank you for sharing, Yvonne. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a good story line, we all pull for the local business over the big conglomerate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.