Thursday, July 4, 2024

Review: Murder Takes a Bow by Wendy Neugent

 



About the Book


Genre
Cozy Mystery

Format
E-Book

Publisher
SWH Media

Release Date
March 31, 2022

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Olivia’s life goes from a permanent vacation to a nightmare when one of the cruise ship’s staff is murdered.

Olivia Morgan’s life working as an assistant in her boyfriend’s cruise ship act has been a permanent vacation. But her cruise to the Bahamas takes a terrible turn when Peter leaves Olivia and her talkative parrot Chico stranded on the ship with a show scheduled in just a few days.

It takes an even worse turn when a crew member is murdered!

Can Olivia pull off the show without Peter, or will they throw her and Chico off the ship when they reach Nassau? Will the murderer get caught before someone else is killed? Will Olivia be the next victim?

Travel along with Olivia and Chico on their killer cruise. As close to taking a cruise as you can get from your couch.

My Review

Olivia Morgan loves being her magician boyfriend’s assistant.  They have a successful show on a cruise ship, and all is looking good.  Olivia even adopts, Chico, a parrot who likes to do a lot of talking.  Then, things turn upside down for Olivia.  Peter leaves her.  She’s stuck on the ship with just her parrot.  She fears she will lose her job and be tossed off the ship.  

That’s not the worst thing to happen.  One of her fellow crew members is murdered and her best friend is being accused of the crime.  Olivia’s schedule is suddenly full - trying to create an act without her boyfriend so she can stay on the ship as well as find a killer so her friend isn’t put in jail.

This is a wild adventure on the high seas.  Olivia and Chico are so much fun.  I love the rapport between Olivia and her parrot.  They just made me smile. It’s so unique to feature a parrot as one of the main characters.  Usually cozies feature dogs or cats, but a parrot is certainly a different take on an animal companion.  Very cute.   

I love cruising so I’ve been looking for cozy mysteries set in the cruise ship world, and this did not disappoint.  It’s a quick read, interesting storyline with an exciting cast of characters.  I feel as if I just got off a ship myself.  

I’m looking forward to reading the next one in the series.


For reading challenges:

Cruisin’ thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2024
What An Animal Reading Challenge 2024
The Backlist Reader Challenge 2024
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge 2024
Craving for the Cozies Reading Challenge 2024


Disclosure:  I borrowed this one from the Kobo Plus library.  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.



1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.