Friday, September 18, 2026

Friday Book Snippets - September 18th

 



Book Beginnings on Friday and Friday 56 are now combined into one blogging event.  It is hosted by Olivia @ Bemused & Bookish and Anne @ Head Full of Books.  The directions are to post two snippets. One is from the beginning of the book and the second is from page 56 or any other page of the book you are currently reading. 

This week I'm reading:




Beginning:

The oldest birch in Wishville had always felt like a witness.  Not in the sentimental, postcard way tourists preferred to imagine, but in the old-world sense, the way a thing that has stood through too many seasons has learned the shape of secrets and kept them anyway.

Second Snippet - From page 56 of  the e-book...

She was trying to win, and winning when you believed you were protecting your town could look very reasonable until it didn't.


My thoughts...

I'm halfway through this book and enjoying it. It's #5 in the series. This series has the most beautiful covers, too.


What are you sharing this week?

4 comments:

  1. A black cat on the cover is always a win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the writing. I’m going to have to take a look at this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful cover---the way the light falls on the well and the cat is mysterious and lovely. I'm glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I haven't been commenting, but Google wouldn't let me. I finally found a way in. This looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.