About the Book
Synopsis from Goodreads:
What does it say about you when your coming-of-age story begins at seventy-one?
Amy Bridges Parker asks herself that question as she resists her domineering sister’s attempts to take over where her subtly controlling and recently deceased husband left off.
Then her sister Clara turns up dead! And a young man claiming to be the grandson of Amy’s first husband—the one who died in Vietnam fifty-two years ago—gives the sheriff a prime suspect. The boy had a grudge and must have gone after the wrong sister.
Amy isn’t convinced. She can’t really explain why, but she likes the young man. And she knows better than most that her sister, a mean girl back in high school, had plenty of old enemies. But who hated Clara enough to actually kill her? Or did the killer get the wrong sister after all?
My Review
After the death of her husband, Amy Parker has to face the task of going through his things and all the paperwork involved. Fortunately, her adult son returns home to lend a helping hand. Unfortunately, so does her sister, Clara. Amy and Clara never got along very well. Amy is in no mood to be dealing with Clara.
Clara is found dead in a bizarre accident, which turns out to not be an accident at all. Then, someone shows up saying his grandfather was Amy’s first husband. Could he have killed Clara thinking she was Amy?
Amy is suspicious about all of it. Clara had many of her own enemies. Back in high school she was known as a mean girl, but that was so long ago. Could someone really hold a grudge for so many years?
Amy decides to do some investigating on her own. It is especially concerning when the sheriff keeps asking her if she killed her sister.
This is the first in a new series and I think it got off to a great start. I liked Amy right away. I’m looking forward to more books as the author continues to develop these characters.
I found this to be a page-turner. I couldn’t put it down until I found out “whodunit” and I was completely surprised at who the culprit turned out to be. I do love surprises.
I’ll definitely be looking for the next book.
For reading challenges:
Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge 2026
Disclosure: I borrowed this one from the Kobo Plus library . I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

It does sound like a good story.
ReplyDeleteI like the bit of quirkiness which makes it different.
ReplyDelete