Sunday, September 13, 2026

The Weekend Review - September 12th-14th











The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, it is now being hosted by Deb at Readerbuzz.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is a meme with a new host!  It's now being hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. This is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I'm also linking to Stacking the Shelves which is hosted by Reading Reality.


Hi Everyone! 

Not a lot happening here this week.  Mostly we have had thunderstorms, so I've been inside most of the time. 

Somehow I only managed to read two books even though I was home most of the time. I didn't even watch TV or movies. I guess my time has been taken up with the computer. That's okay.  Hopefully I can make up for it next week.

Do any of you use Storygraph? I just started using it.  Mostly I track my books through Goodreads, but I thought I would snoop around and see how Storygraph works. 

I hope you all have a great week! 


Blog Tours/Spotlights/Reviews/Giveaways  
I Hosted Last Week

Blog Tours/Spotlights/Reviews/Giveaways Coming Up Next Week


Wednesday:  Spotlight:  Flimflam Fairy by Elizabeth Pantley (Blog Tour/Tour-Wide Giveaway)

Saturday: Spotlight:  Holmes Away from Home by Samantha Larsen (Blog Tour/Tour-Wide Giveaway)


Posts last week:






I'm currently reading...





I finished reading...






These are the books I'm planning to read through October. I'll probably make changes along the way, though. Between my mood reading and reading challenges, I'm sure this will change a few times.






Here is this week's e-book freebie haul.  They were freebies when I got them, I don't know if they still are. Always make sure to check they are still free before buying. The prices change quickly. 






26 comments:

  1. I love the cover for The Well-Broken Promise, and Home for the Homicides looks quite amusing. LOL I think Storygraph is the site I tried last year, but it never really held my interest, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover for The Well-Broken Promise too. This series has the best covers.

      Delete
  2. I have things organized for myself the way I like it in Goodreads so I haven't tried Storgraph

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share my reviews on StoryGraph but I don’t use it for much else. You can friend me by searching @shelleyrae

    Thanks for sharing your week, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent you a friend request. So far, I'm liking Goodreads better, but we'll see.

      Delete
  4. Never heard of Storygraph. I will stick with Goodreads because it would be too much effort to move. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a big undertaking to move it. So far, I'm liking Goodreads better but we'll see.

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a nice week, Yvonne. I don't use Storygraph much. I tend to forget about it. Hope you enjoy your books.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2026/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. So far, I prefer Goodreads but I'll give Storygraph a chance.

      Delete
  6. I still use Goodreads as it is part of my routine. I guess I could learn a new routine, but it does feel like too much of an effort!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is too much effort. So far, I still prefer Goodreads. You have a great week too!

      Delete
  7. I use StoryGraph! I'm here: https://app.thestorygraph.com/profile/shanaqui

    Hope you have a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added you as a friend. I think I still prefer Goodreads, but I'll give it a try. You have a good week too!

      Delete
  8. My main way of keeping my reading organized is LibraryThing which I've been using since 2008. This old dog doesn't want to learn anything new. We have a couple of the same books in our reading plans. I hope we both enjoy them. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I just went to sign up for LibraryThing. I can already tell that I will be back there many times. I'd heard of it before, but I guess I needed one more nudge. :)

      Delete
    2. I used LibraryThing years ago and still have an account. I rarely go over there though. I think I'll probably just stick with Goodreads. Have a great week!

      Delete
  9. I use Goodreads only, but I've heard lots of good things about Storygraph. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, Goodreads works best for me. You have a good week too.

      Delete
  10. I organize my books on Goodreads. I belong to some groups there, so it is helpful. I did recently create a StoryGraph account, but I didn't see the appeal so far. Let us know if you decide you like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking Goodreads best too. At least for now I am.

      Delete
  11. Goodreads is my main book hang out but at the start of this year I started to include Story Graph. I have to remember to update it each time I do it on GR. I will see at the end of the year what data it gives me. I am old fashioned though I prefer GR.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My blog reader is not updating, I'm checking each blog and hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have several books by Kari Lee Townsend on my TBR but I haven't read anything by her yet. I'm curious about Storygraph but haven't taken the time to really explore it. I've tried a couple of different bookish apps but so far only Goodreads has stuck. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your haul. We are on our third day of rain, thunder and lightning. Our temps have been colder too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried storygraph and then I was too lazy to update 😅

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.