Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Top Ten Tuesday - Authors

 


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. 


This week's topic is Authors I’ve Met.  It's been many years since I've met any authors. In recent years I haven't had a chance.  So, this week I'm tweaking the topic a bit.  My topic is Authors I Would Like to Meet in no particular order. 

James Patterson

I used to read his books as soon as they came out. I would rush to the store and buy his books in hardcover. I couldn't wait to devour every one of them. Mostly I love his "Women's Murder Club" series, but I also enjoy his stand-alone suspense stories. I never got around to reading his Alex Cross books, but maybe someday I will.

Janet Evanovich

I love her Stephanie Plum books.  They, along with James Patterson's books, were my favorites. I haven't read her Plum books in a while but I'm always hopeful to someday catch up.

Debbie Macomber

The romance genre was the first genre I truly enjoyed reading. Macomber was always the Queen of the romance books for me.  Her Cedar Cove books were my favorites. I enjoyed the TV show based on her books, but it wasn't nearly as good as the books.

Stephen King

I haven't read his books in years, but I absolutely loved his early books.  I still watch movies based on his books. 

Jodi Picoult

I haven't read as many books by her as I'd like, but one of my favorites was "My Sister's Keeper". She writes books based on some serious, thought-provoking topics.

Miranda James

This author's name is really Dean James and he's a male cozy mystery author. He writes one of my all-time favorite cat cozy mysteries "Cat in the Stacks". I'd love to talk cats with him. 

Jayne Ann Krentz

Another author I used to read all the time but stopped.  The same old excuse - too many books, too little time.  I recently did read a new book by her "The Shop on Hidden Lane" and it was a five-star read for me.

Nora Roberts

Like Debbie Macomber, Nora Roberts is an author I loved in my early days of reading romances. She's gotten away from that genre, but she's still writing interesting books and I'm hoping to get back to reading some of them. I have a couple on my TBR waiting for me.

Renee Rosen

She writes interesting historical fiction based on real-life people and events. One of my favorites is "Let's Call Her Barbie".  That was the last one I read and I'm always looking out for her new releases.


What's on your list this week?

12 comments:

  1. I hope you are able to meet all of these authors in the future.
    Here's my TTT for the week: https://readbakecreate.com/c-author-names-alphabet-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many authors I'd love to meet. I will have to think about who they are. I did meet Janet Evanovich; we thought we looked like twins! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to meet them all someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen King would be high on my list.
    Thanks for sharing your #TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Several of these authors I read. There are some great authors out there.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Yvonne. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun list! I love Nora Roberts and Jayne Ann Krentz's books. They would be really fun to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy TTT to you! Nice twist on this week's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't met any authors but I hope you get a chance to meet some of these authors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard of most of these, but never read them because I mainly read non-fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not met any authors, and right off hand, I have no clue who I would like to meet. Maybe I'm getting too jaded.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually met Jodi Picoult last year when she was on tour for BY ANY OTHER NAME. She's lovely!

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.