Friday, January 22, 2016

Review: A Talent for Murder by Teresa A. LaRue


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
ARC

Publisher:
Five Star Publishing

Release Date:
January 2016






Kate Spencer left town many years ago after a breakup with her fiancĂ©. She has returned and now owns the Flower Patch nursery with her mother. Her mother, Happy, still knows how to push Kate’s buttons and drive her nuts. So does her Aunt Lula Mae, but they are family and that’s the most important thing in the world to Kate.

That’s why she’s shocked when her Aunt Lula Mae announces she is getting married to Percy Moss. It’s only been six months since Kate’s uncle passed away and Lula Mae hardly even knows Percy. Kate is immediately suspicious but her aunt doesn’t want to hear it. She’s madly in love with Percy. Then, Aunt Lula Mae gets the shock of her life.  She is devastated to learn that Percy has more than one fiancĂ©, including Lula Mae’s arch rival Camilla Davenport.

When Camilla is found dead and Percy vanishes, Lula Mae is the number one suspect. To make matters worse for Kate, the police detective in charge is her old boyfriend, Steven Griggs. Kate’s only concern is for her aunt. Much to Steven’s dismay, Kate, Happy and Lula Mae aren’t going to sit back and leave the investigating to the police.  The three women team up to find a killer.

This is the first book in the “Flower Patch Mystery” series and it’s off to an amazing start. It oozes Southern charm and is filled with delightfully amusing characters. Kate, Happy and Lula Mae's antics had me laughing throughout the book.  The story is fast-paced with many twists and turns. There are many suspects to choose from and there were times during the story when I thought each one was the killer. This is some town to live in – quirky and quaint doesn’t even begin to describe it.

I enjoyed every minute of this sweet cozy which has humor, romance and mystery combined to give readers a delightful few hours of reading. I hope we get more books from this creative author.



For reading challenges:
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2016
Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge 2016
Cruisin’ thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2016
Blogger Shame Reading Challenge 2016

FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.


Buy Links



3 comments:

  1. I do like when romance is included

    ReplyDelete
  2. This definitely sounds like a book I'd enjoy! I just added it to my wishlist so hopefully I'll be able to get a copy soon. I love a cozy with some humor!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.