Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Review: The Cat, The Lady, and The Liar by Leann Sweeney



Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
New American Library

Release Date:
April 1, 2011






Synopsis from Goodreads:

Cat quilter Jillian Hart finds a gorgeous stray cat belonging to the fabulously wealthy Ritaestelle Longworth, who believes she's being drugged. Before Jillian can get to those charges, a body turns up in the lake-and her cat Chablis finds Ritaestelle nearby. Can Jillian's cats aid her in solving a mystery with decades old roots?

My Review

I love this series and have been looking forward to catching up with it for awhile. I finally had the chance. It was well worth the wait.

Jillian Hart, once again, finds herself in the middle of a murder mystery. Not only are her cats involved, but so is the stray that she found. She tries to return the cat to her human, Ritaestelle, but she’s not sure she’s fit to be taking care of a cat. She can’t even take care of herself, plus there are a ton of rumors surrounding Ritaestelle and they aren't good rumors. Until Jillian can get to the truth, she’s not releasing the cat.

When a dead body turns up and her cats are threatened, Jillian is even more determined to uncover what’s going on with Ritaestelle. Thanks to the help of her cats and a couple of friends, Jillian’s investigative work is a bit easier.

Jillian has grown quite a bit since the first book. I adore her. The relationship she has with a local private investigator is slowly moving forward. It’s going at a wonderful pace since she’s only been widowed for a couple of years. It’s a growing realistic relationship.

The storyline moves at a steady pace. I didn’t figure out whodunit, but I did have my suspicions. The regular characters in this series have become old friend who I enjoy re-visiting now and then. I’ll definitely be continuing with this series.



For reading challenges:
The Purrfect Reading Challenge 2017
What An Animal Reading Challenge 2017
Craving for Cozies Reading Challenge 2017

Disclosure: I bought this one for my e-reader. All opinions expressed are my own.


5 comments:

  1. Slowly moving forward sounds good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few of the first books in this series and they are sitting on my shelf calling my name. I'm glad to read such a great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great books, especially because the cats have a big role.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun story and series! I'll have to look into this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.