Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Review: A Cat on the Case by Clea Simon

 


About the Book


Genre
Paranormal, Cozy Mystery

Format
E-Book

Publisher
Polis

Release Date
January 26, 2021

Synopsis from Goodreads:

When a panicked stranger shows up at Charm and Cherish, Becca Colwin feels compelled to help. But when that stranger then disappears, leaving behind her heirloom violin the aspiring witch detective is drawn further into a web of deceit and intrigue complicated by a history that only Becca’s three magical cats truly understand.

My Review

Becca Colwin is working in a shop called Charm and Cherish.  She’s taken aback when a young woman shows up and leaves a valuable violin behind.  The young woman vanishes and Becca tries to find her.  When she does, there’s a dead body involved.  Becca’s friend Maddy warns her not to trust the girl, but Becca is sure she’s trustworthy.

Joining Becca in her search is her young kitty, Clara.  What Becca doesn’t know is that Clara and her two sisters have special powers and are watching over Becca.  Clara is assigned the task of secretly following Becca wherever she goes.

This is the third book in the Witch Cats of Cambridge series.  It’s basically told from kitty Clara’s point of view.  I love that little cat.  She, and her sisters, are just as strong as any human character.  With each book we learn a little more about the three cats’ history and what is behind their special powers.

I did find it was a bit slow-moving in some spots.  I had a general idea of how the story would unfold halfway through.  

I’m hoping there will be more books in the series as I really would love to learn the whole story behind these cute kitties.


For reading challenges:

Craving for the Cozies Reading Challenge 2021


Disclosure:  I borrowed this e-book  from the library . All opinions expressed are my own.


5 comments:

  1. Well if a cat is on the case than all is well. Sounds like a great read.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good! I know you've featured this author before and every time I see anything about her books I always think I need to read her. Soon hopefully I actually will!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.