About the Book
My Review
Poppy Taylor is desperate to get away from the social media trashing one of her clients is tossing her way. It’s humiliating and she’s tired of fighting the public criticism. She decides it’s time to get away from it all. Her email friend, Tom Rainer, has the perfect solution. He owns a villa in Crete, Greece. He has to go to London, but Poppy is more than welcome to stay at his place. They switch homes and Poppy couldn’t be more excited.
Poppy’s best friend Kiera wouldn’t mind a change of scenery herself. She accompanies Poppy so she’ll have some company. Then, Keira vanishes. Her suitcase is gone and there’s no sign of her. Not even a note. This is very unlike her friend. Poppy is unable to get in touch with Keira but she’s sure she will contact her. Meanwhile, Poppy continues with her holiday.
Since it is the off season, the villa is quite deserted. Poppy meets a few people, but they start acting strange. There’s a maintenance man who appears to be watching her. Items in her villa start moving and her doors don’t seem to stay locked. Poppy is feeling unsettled and it doesn’t help that she still can’t get in touch with Keira.
Too many odd things are happening. Poppy is more than ready to go back home. That’s easier said than done.
This is a delicious thriller that kept me reading through the night. The author does a wonderful job of painting a vivid picture of a villa in a spooky atmosphere. It is spine-tingling. I felt as if I was right there by Poppy’s side. A true rollercoaster of drama with many twists and turns. Each chapter revealed a new surprise.
I was totally captivated by this story from the first page to the last. The ending really took me by surprise. I never saw it coming.
This is the first book I ever read by this author, and it definitely won’t be my last. If I rated books higher than a 5, this would be one of those. Loved every minute of it. This would make an excellent movie.
For reading challenges:
NetGalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge 2026
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge 2026
Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed a free Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!
After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.
Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.