Sunday, October 26, 2008

Familiar Oasis by Caroline Burnes



Harlequin Intrigue #673, August 2002

Genre: Romantic Suspense

Familiar, the sleek black cat detective, is at it again! Just as he’s about to go back home to the United States with his human family, he finds himself detained in Egypt trying to crack another mystery. This time the beautiful Amelia Corbet finds herself thrown into danger as she tries to help her sister. It seems as if the only ones to help her are a strange black cat and her sister’s new brother-in-law. Amelia doesn’t particularly like either one.

Although Harad Dukhan separated himself from his family’s life in the desert, he agrees to watch out for Amelia for his brother’s new bride. As soon as Amelia lands in Egypt, she becomes the target of several people who seem to think she holds the key to a mysterious plot in the desert. Harad has his hands full trying to keep her safe, but when she’s kidnapped, his only hope is Familiar. To add to his trouble, he finds himself falling in love with the beautiful Amelia.

This is one of my favorite series and it has been for years. This is the 15th book in the series and they just keep getting better. Familiar is a cat with attitude! It’s so much fun reading how he systematically tries to solve each mystery and always ends up bringing an unsuspecting couple together in the end. It’s a quick, fast-paced story that leaves you wearing a big grin after the last page is turned.

3 comments:

  1. wow, 15 books in this series! have you read them all?
    this sounds good.
    http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually there are 18 in the series so far (plus two short stories in anthologies). I've read the first 15 and still have 3 more to go. I started reading them years ago, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series sounds cute - I haven't seen it yet, but will keep an eye out for it!

    Wendi
    http://wendisbookcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.