Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hissy Fit by Mary Kay Andrews



Genre: Chick Lit

As Keely Murdock celebrates her upcoming nuptials at her rehearsal dinner with her family and friends all in attendance, she stumbles upon her fiancé and maid-of-honor having sex. Keely has an honest to goodness hissy fit and cancels the wedding, becoming the outcast in her small hometown of Madison, Georgia.

Her ex-fiance’s family takes their revenge by undermining her interior design company, which she owns with her aunt. Desperate for business, she accepts a job from Madison’s newest citizen, Will Mahoney. The millionaire recently bought the local bra factory and an old mansion. Keely’s job was to furnish the mansion and put it back into shape in only six months. Keely and her aunt needed the work and had no choice but to agree to his unfair demands. If he wasn’t such a difficult man to work for, Keely was sure she could fall in love with him or had she already fallen in love?

All of this leads to Keely stumbling upon a mystery which is dear to her heart – the sudden disappearance of her mother twenty years ago. Keely couldn’t imagine her mother walking out on her only child. Now, her father was ready to move on with his life and never was the truth more important then right now. It was a secret that could rock the grounds of Madison.

This book has it all – mystery, romance and tons of laughter. I listened to the audio book version and I had a hard time not laughing in my car. The cast of characters were quirky and downright funny. This is the second book I’ve read (listened to) by this author and it won’t be my last.

2 comments:

  1. Can you imagine catching your fiance and maid-of-honor together right before your wedding? I'd cancel too! My father's best man made a pass at my mother on her wedding day. She was quite appalled.

    Anyhow, back to the book, it sounds like a fun one! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun book - I was horrified that the whole town seemed mad at poor Keely for not just accepting it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.