Saturday, October 18, 2008

Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot



Genre: Chick Lit

Lizzie Nichols is not only a fashion-history major on the verge of graduating college, but she is also the Queen of Babble. By her own admission, she physically cannot keep a secret. Whatever people confide in her, she tells everyone. She doesn’t mean any harm, but she simply cannot control herself.

She flies off to London to vacation with her boyfriend, thanks to her big mouth, she discovers he’s not the Prince Charming she thought he was. Instead, he’s nothing more than a man who defrauds the government and uses Lizzie for her money, what little she has. She makes a quick, unexplained escape, but where’s a girl from Michigan to go when she’s alone in London? She heads off to visit her best friend, Shari, who is vacationing in France.

On the train to France, Lizzie meets Jean-Luc. A handsome man who she confides her problems, to, including her most intimate boyfriend issues. Much to her surprise, Jean-Luc turns out to be an acquaintance of Shari’s. He takes her under his wing and makes sure she gets together with her friend. Secretly, Lizzie is mortified that she confided her deepest darkest secrets to this stranger who is no stranger at all. He’s going to be spending the week in the same house as Shari and Lizzie.

Queen of Babble is a cute story, but there were times I wanted to strangle Lizzie. I listened to the audio version and Lizzie’s naiveté was just a bit too much. She also came off as a whiner in the beginning, but she did get better as the story went along. It is a light read with some laughs that will make you chuckle out loud. There are at least two more books following Lizzie’s adventures and I’ll get the audio versions from the library. It makes the drive to and from work a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.