Thursday, December 2, 2010

Booking through Thursday - First Editions



If you'd like to join in on Booking Through Thursday, just click the button above.


This week's question...

How about First Editions? Are they something special? Or “just another book” to you?

My answer...

For me, they're "just another book". I mainly read contemporary books and first editions don't play into those. If you are a serious collector, especially of the classics, I'm sure they are very important. I collect books, but mine aren't considered collectibles (just in my own mind - LOL).



funny pictures-As soon as I figure out how to use a straw  you will be mine.
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

5 comments:

  1. Any book you own can be considered a collectible :D ... books have their own personal value!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting question, don't you think? I personally am an avid reader, not a collector of books, although, I do own alot. Here's my answer for this week's Booking Through Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you on this. There are books which are worth collecting and it would still depend if you are a collector or not. I actually had an incident before that I was suppose to buy a first edition set of Diving Comedy in Latin and my partner asked me,"Do you read Latin?" and I said, "No. But these are first edition!!" and I just got a reply of, "If you don't read Latin, why buy it???" Lol. Can't forget this story.

    Thanks for dropping by. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.