Friday, November 24, 2017

The Purrfect Reading Challenge 2018 - Sign Up


Two of my favorite things are cats and mysteries. So, I figured the *purrfect* reading challenge for me would be reading cat mysteries. It's very simple, this challenge is all about reading mysteries that have cats as the main characters. Here are a few examples...



Joe Grey Mysteries by Shirley Rousseau Murphy
Midnight Louie Mysteries by Carole Nelson Douglas
A Cats In Trouble Mysteries by Leann Sweeney
A Klepto Cat Mysteries by Patricia Fry
Black Cat Bookshop Mysteries by Ali Brandon
Cat Who Mysteries by Lilian Jackson Braun
Cat in the Stacks Mysteries by Miranda James
Bookmobile Cat Mysteries by Laurie Cass
Theda Krakow Mysteries by Clea Simon
Black Cat Mysteries by Elaine Faber

This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are dozens more. You can find a list here, but you aren't limited to just these choices. If you find others, that's great.

Here are the levels you can choose from:

Purring - Read 1-10 cat mysteries
Kneading - Read 11-20 cat mysteries
Meowing - Read 21-30 cat mysteries
Catnip - Go crazy and read at least 31 and go as high as you'd like - the sky is the limit!

The challenge will begin on January 1, 2018 and end on December 31, 2018.

The rules are really simple.

1. Any book read for this challenge has to be a mystery and have a cat that plays a major role in the book.


2. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.


3. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime for those who make a list in advance.


4. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.


5. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to.
 If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there. I also have a Cat Mystery group on Goodreads and you can join over there. The link is https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/188179-cat-mystery-readers

6. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)

7. To sign up, choose one of the levels from the above list and use the Mister Linky below. There will be links for reviews and wrap posts later.

Enjoy and have fun!

I'm signing up for Purring and will read 10 books. I'll list them here throughout the year...

1.  Survival of the Fritters by Ginger Bolton (Click here for my review.)

2.  Hairball Hijinks by Nancy J. Cohen (Click here for review.)

3.  Meowmoirs of A Klepto Cat by Patricia Fry (Click here for review.)

4.  Purrder She Wrote by Cate Conte (Click here for review.)

5.  The Cats Came Back by Sofie Kelly (Click here for my review.)

6.  Six Cats a Slayin' by Miranda James (Click here for my review.)

7.  One Taste Too Many by Debra H. Goldstein (Click here for my review.)

8.  Cat Cafe by Mollie Hunt (Click here for my review)

9.

10.

11 comments:

  1. I am tempted as I have just gotten into kitty mysteries. I like the Miss Cuddlywumps series by Roby Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll sign up for the purring level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in again! I have quite a few of Sofie Kelly's Magical Cats Mystery series that I need to tackle.

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Challenge. Looking forward to it. I don't have a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm joining at the Kneading level!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in for CATNIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in! Is there a hashtag for this challenge? I'll be making a Goodreads shelf later on today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.