Friday, June 5, 2020

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - June 5th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.






I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.


This one is on my e-reader and looks good. It's a romantic suspense. I hope to start this one soon.






Beginnings...

He had to get that woman out of his head. With a silent curse, Riley Colton scrolled past the photo that had distracted him for no good reason. He moved on to another, trying to focus on the investigation at hand, and instead, wondered why the previous photo had even brought an image of Charlize Kent to his brain.

From 56% on my Kindle...

Aunt Blythe. She'd yet to tell her about the baby. Both of her aunts were going to spoil the child like crazy; she knew that.


Synopsis from Goodreads:



Struggling to protect his heart...he must also protect his growing family.

Former FBI agent Riley Colton tends to keep to himself...except for the time he gave in to Charlize Kent. Now that single passionate night produced a surprise Riley never imagined -- a baby! His paternal and investigative instincts kick in when their growing family comes under fire. As sparks fly, Riley and Charlize work together to track and capture a criminal...who will stop at nothing to destroy everything they hold dear.

Mills & Boon Romantic Suspense -- Danger. Passion. Drama.







7 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy it when you get to it.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like romantic suspense, and this one does sound good. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “WATCH ME DISAPPEAR”

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an interesting beginning. I like the idea of romantic suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good one, two very different snippets show a good story building. Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.