Thursday, February 4, 2021

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - February 5th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


Although I featured this on the Tuesday meme, I'm still reading it so I figured I would post some more excerpts .  The excerpts are from the E-ARC.


First Chapter

I should have brought flowers.  A pacifying bouquet of lilies, hydrangeas, and daisies.  Instead, foolishly, I brought wine, and left myself open to a world of criticism from my boyfriend's judgy family.  Because the wine isn't merely some label I picked up at the corner store - pricey enough to impress but not so much to blow my budget - it's my own craftsmanship.

From 56% on my Kindle...

Before I shut the door to my apartment, I catch the two cats sitting side by side, watching a rambunctious squirrel squaring off against a blue jay as if it were their own private Netflix documentary.


Synopsis from Goodreads:

A young winemaker is over a barrel when her new boyfriend is accused of murder in this delightful cozy mystery.

It's fall in Boulder, Colorado, and the leaves aren't the only things changing. Parker Valentine, owner of Vino Valentine, is finally settling in to her winery and her new relationship with Reid Wallace, a local chef. But their delicate pairing is endangered when Reid's estranged family comes into town to celebrate the opening of his new restaurant.

Reid and his family are immediately at loggerheads, given their often acidic temperaments, but Parker still wants to make a good first impression. However, her efforts might be in vain when Reid's sous chef is found dead in the alley behind the restaurant, and Reid is implicated in the murder. In order to save Reid, Parker will have to find the real killer, even if the truth is difficult to swallow.


 
What do you think?  What are you sharing today?




10 comments:

  1. I knew I recognized this book. I haven't read it, but I'm pretty sure it was featured somewhere else before. The beginning is just that memorable. Enjoy you current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those excerpts...and the cover, too! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE SHADOW BOX”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally think wine is agreat choice... LOL... Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like wine but I think flowers would have been better. My quotes this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh oh, I wonder what happened with that gift!
    My post is here https://francebooktours.com/2021/02/05/loving-modigliani-book-beginnings/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Friday 56 sounds like my two cats sitting in the window--likely watching a lizard or sparrow though. This sounds like a good one, Yvonne. I hope you are enjoying it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like such a great series and I love the teasers you shared! I need to pick up this book and the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really am trying to get into cozy mysteries and this one seems like a lot of fun! I've just finished and reviewed my first book for my purrrfect reading challenge! Will do an update when I have a gap.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover is very bright and eye catching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.