Friday, May 13, 2022

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - May 13th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


I haven't started this one yet, but it's next on my list to read and review.  I haven't read all the books in this series, yet, but I've been wanting to read them.  The excerpts are from the E-ARC.




First Chapter

I awoke to the sound of chirping and saw a goldfinch perched on the outside ledge of my bedroom window, his yellow body brightening the gloomy overcast sky that served as his background.  I slipped out of bed as carefully as I could, trying not to frighten him away.  But it was no use.  Birds are sensitive to motion, and he flew off. 

From 56% on my Kindle...

Grady noticed and asked, "What have you two got going on?"

Our simultaneous one-word response, "Nothing," made him only more suspicious.


Synopsis from Goodreads:

Jessica is delighted when her nephew Grady invites her to spend a few days with his family in an oceanside New York bungalow. She packs her bags and heads down to the city, ready to spend some quality time with Grady, his wife, Donna, and their young son, Frank.

But the morning after Jessica’s arrival, Donna finds her boss dead on a tennis court, and Jessica’s dreams of a relaxing visit are quashed. Everyone in the small beachside community is a suspect, and the local authorities—headed by an old colleague of Cabot Cove sheriff Mort Metzger—have asked that no one leave town. Will Jessica be able find a killer and salvage the rest of her trip?


What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



10 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy this book. My review will go live on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some 'Murder She Wrote'! I adored the TV show and have quite enjoyed the books as well. The F56 did make me chuckle, nothing is as suspicious as a simultaneous 'Nothing!' xD Thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should get this for my mom. She used to watch the show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that show as a young girl and should read a book one day since I never have. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that show! I looked forward to it every Sunday night, back in the day, and I've also enjoyed Angela Lansbury in other shows. Great excerpts! Here's mine: “THE ROAD TRIP”

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm currently reading Burning Bright (A Peter Ash Novel) by Nick Petrie Really good read.

    Never got into her books or her TV show. Don't know why.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never thought of reading the books, even though I enjoyed the TV series when I was younger. Funny that they credit Jessica Fletcher as an author! I like the writing in the quotes. I will give one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love this show... Never read any of the books though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I noticed some Murder She Wrote books at the library the other day. I honestly didn't realize there were books. I used to watch the show with my mom years ago. I may have to look into the books. This one sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will give this one ago. I love the occasional mystery and did watch this show growing up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.