Monday, May 2, 2022

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros/Teaser Tuesdays - May 3rd



It's Tuesday!  It's time to share your excerpts and teasers from books we are currently reading, have read or are planning to read.  So, feel free to join us by sharing the first paragraph or (a few) of a book you are reading or thinking about reading soon.  This meme is guaranteed to increase your TBR :)



Please link your blog post using Mr. Linky below. Make sure the link you enter is the direct link to your Tuesday post, not the main link to your blog. Thank you!



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read

* Open to a random page

* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



This looks like a cute short cozy mystery.  I'm getting ready to read this one next.


First Chapter

"Uncle Jack, you don't have to do that.  why don't you sit and rest a bit?"  My dear uncle had been working nonstop ever since I had agreed to move to Belle Harbor.  I wasn't so sure about the arrangement, but I was ready for a big change in my life...

Teaser...

Grandma Luna was as much of a kook as my uncles.  I couldn't figure out how in a million years my mom turned out the way she did.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

A nightmare ending to her storybook marriage. An escape to a quaint beach town. Will a mysterious murder derail a second chance at her dream?

Tilly Griffin did everything by the book. Everyone else’s book. Now it was her turn to write a new chapter, three thousand miles from her former life. Her dream of opening a bakery like her grandma Luna was now becoming a reality.

No sooner does she arrive in the charming beach town, when she and her quirky uncle are tangled up in a mysterious death. When a kite competition judge is found murdered in the bookstore next to her uncle's Checkered Past Antiques shop, Tilly questions her decision to move to Belle Harbor, and everything about her new life.

As the clues emerge, and the small-town secrets are revealed, Tilly’s uncle finds himself smack dab in the middle of the investigation, and surrounded by suspects. Will the murderer be nabbed in time for the bakery’s grand opening or will this close the book on Tilly’s dreams?

Cupcakes and Catastrophe is Book 1 in the Belle Harbor Cozy Mystery series. A light, cozy mystery in a quaint beach town with a fun loving, amateur female sleuth, her quirky uncle, and enough antiques and pastries to fill your home and your belly. No gore, swearing or cliffhangers. Can be read as a standalone.

What do you think? Would you keep reading?




6 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this one! Great cover, too, with that old fashioned phone. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading the summary description and thought this sounded intriguing. The cover title and pic seems light and fun too so I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's easy to handle any catastrophe if you can have cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great read.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks good. I want cupcakes now though. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I think I would definitely read more of this. The first chapter and teaser made me giggle and I love the cover.

    Ash @ Essentially Ash

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.