Friday, November 11, 2022

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - November 11th




This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.





I'm also joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader


This is book #9 in the Flight Risk series.  I read the previous 8 and enjoyed them.  I've been wanting to get back to this series.








First Chapter

In the past few months, Kendell McDonald's life had changed rather drastically...

From 56% on my e-reader...

"I think that's just about everyone who was still at the bar when the lights went out," Pauline said.  "So, what is our suspect pool looking like?"


Synopsis from Goodreads:

There’s nothing like a little fun with Japanese gangsters
A cozy mystery from Author Susan Harper

Kendell and Pauline are exploring Japan when they find themselves lost and in the wrong place. Fortunately, their fame as super sleuths extends into the Japanese underworld. When a powerful criminal figure winds up dead, their sleuthing skills may be the only thing keeping them from joining him. Can they put one criminal away to save another or will this be their final adventure?



What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



7 comments:

  1. The excerpt from the first chapter seems ominous. Overall, I like the quotes. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd heard of this series, but it certainly sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a cosy mystery and this sounds good!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/11/11/friday-56-the-will-by-rebecca-reid/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a Mrs. Pollifax book in the best way! I'll have to keep an eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.