Saturday, November 19, 2022

Review: Manatee Bay: Retreat by Amy Rafferty

 


About the Book


Genre
Romance

Format
E-Book

Release Date
August 9, 2022


My Review


Annie and Roger Davies have been married for 37 years and have four adult children.  Things may not have started out good for the couple, but they eventually built a happy life for themselves.  Or so Annie thought.  She’s stunned when Roger comes home one night and announces he wants a divorce, and he wants it immediately.  He has plans with another woman.

Annie is devastated to say the least.  She quickly learns that Roger wasn’t the devoted husband she thought he had been.  Now Annie must start her life over.  First, she has to sell her business and the family home.  Annie had no idea what kind of financial trouble Roger had made for them.

Annie’s children are quite supportive of her, not so much of their father. Annie and her children decide to spend some time with her father on Manatee Bay.  Part of her doesn’t want to go since she hasn’t been back for 37 years, but she decides it’s time to leave the past behind and get on with her new life.  She’s stunned when she runs into her old lover Tom Howard.  She fears all of her secrets are about to be revealed, including why she hadn't returned to the beach community in 37 years.

This is the first book in the Treasure Seeker Beach series.  I read the prequel a few weeks ago and loved it.  I love this one even more as get to know the characters better.  It picks up 37 years after the prequel.  Just as a warning - these books are written with cliffhangers so it’s really important to read them in order and get to know these characters.

I truly feel as if I’m already friends with Annie and her crew.  My heart goes out to her and I’m looking forward to reading more in this series.  It's a sweet, emotional romance that tugs at the heartstrings.

These are short novellas and can be read in one sitting.  It’s the perfect way to spend an afternoon.  I’m looking forward to the next one.  I can’t wait to find out what happens next.



Disclosure:  I borrowed this one from the Kindle Unlimited library.  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.