Monday, January 2, 2023

First Chapter, First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros - January 3rd



It's Tuesday!  It's time to share your excerpts and teasers from books we are currently reading, have read or are planning to read.  So, feel free to join us by sharing the first paragraph or (a few) of a book you are reading or thinking about reading soon.  This meme is guaranteed to increase your TBR :)



Please link your blog post using Mr. Linky below. Make sure the link you enter is the direct link to your Tuesday post, not the main link to your blog. Thank you!



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, now being hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read

* Open to a random page

* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



This is my first book of the year and the beginning of a new series.  The excerpts are from the E-ARC.







First Chapter

"If you keep pestering your sister like that, you'll be sorry."

Unblinking green eyes peered back at me from my car's passenger seat, holding nothing but feigned innocence.  But his cute little mustache made it hard to be mad at him.  My two cats, Milton and Pearl, were the lights of my life. It was no wonder they'd become the stars in my series of children's books.

Teaser...

Sometimes, with the sly expressions my two cats wore and the way they seemed to communicate with each other with only stares, blinks, and winks, I wondered if they really could solve murder if given the chance.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

When children’s book author, Christy Bailey, receives a call from her aunt Betty to help out at her bookshop, she drops everything to go. Christy packs up her two cats—Milton and Pearl, the stars of her children's mystery books—and leaves busy Philadelphia for tiny Green Meadow, Indiana. The timing of the call is perfect, as Christy’s letch of an ex-boyfriend has just cleaned out her savings, leaving Christy with a pile of unpaid bills and a desire to start over. And what better place to do that than a charming small town in Middle America?

But when Christy reaches her aunt's bookshop, instead of small town hospitality she finds a dead body! Even worse, her aunt is passed out in the corner, hands covered in blood. The dead woman is an old frenemy of her Aunt Betty, and while Christy knows her aunt is innocent, the local detective isn't so sure. With Milton and Pearl prowling for clues, Christy is determined to find the real killer and clear her aunt's name... before her story ends in tragedy!


What do you think? Would you keep reading?




2 comments:

  1. The first paragraph made me laugh though my car is not a fan of the car. This sounds like a fun series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good. I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.