Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Can't Wait Wednesday - February 21st






This meme is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings.



Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. Find out more here.

This sounds really good.  I've read this author before and really like her books.










Synopsis from Goodreads:

A young couple find themselves haunted by a string of gruesome murders committed along an old deserted road in this terrifying new novel.

July 1995. April and Eddie have taken a wrong turn. They’re looking for the small resort town where they plan to spend their honeymoon. When they spot what appears to be a lone hitchhiker along the deserted road, they stop to help. But not long after the hitchhiker gets into their car, they see the blood seeping from her jacket and a truck barreling down Atticus Line after them.

When the hitchhiker dies at the local hospital, April and Eddie find themselves in the crosshairs of the Coldlake Falls police. Unexplained murders have been happening along Atticus Line for years and the cops finally have two witnesses who easily become their only suspects. As April and Eddie start to dig into the history of the town and that horrible stretch of road to clear their names, they soon learn that there is something supernatural at work, something that could not only tear the town and its dark secrets apart, but take April and Eddie down with it all.

Publisher:  Berkley
Release Date: March 5, 2024




What book are you waiting for?





10 comments:

  1. This is a popular choice this week. I read one book by this author and have several more on my TBR. Hope this one is a good one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds like a great read. I'm going to get this book.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. Scritches to the kitties. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I love the look of this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a wonderfully creepy read, Yvonne - I hope you enjoy it:)).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really looking forward to this one too. I have enjoyed everything I've read by Simone St. James so far. I hope we both love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like one not to read in bed at night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read this one! I've loved both books I've read by this author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.