Friday, April 19, 2024

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56 - April 19th





This week I'm joining in Book Beginnings on Friday. It's hosted by Rose City Reader.  This is where we post the beginning of the books we are reading or will be reading.  






I'm also joining in for the Friday 56.  

Freda at Freda's Voice started and hosted The Friday 56 for a long, long time. She is taking a break and Anne at My Head if Full of Books has taken on hosting duties in her absence. Please visit Anne's blog and link to your Friday 56 post.


Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

It's that simple.



I just finished reading this one and really enjoyed it.






Book Beginnings

I opened the door to see my favorite octogenarian on the porch.  She was wearing pink striped yoga pants, turquoise sneakers, an over sized t-shirt with a picture of Shrek on the front, and a yellow sweater.  

From 56% on my e-reader 

"You're lucky you can eat all you want, and it never affects your figure," said Valeria.

Synopsis from Goodreads:

This book club is hooked on traveling into books to become the amateur sleuths! In this journey, the club travels to the Kingdom of Everglow.

The royal family is rocked to the core when a key staff member falls dead at a community event. In the turmoil that follows, any evidence of what happened is destroyed, so they must go by the recollection of witnesses who were too busy enjoying the celebration to offer any valuable testimony.

The royal family is further distressed when they return to the castle to see signs of a break in that somehow defied their complex security system. They wake the next day to discover that one member of the royal family has fallen into a deep, deathlike sleep.

Can the Snapdragon Inn Book Club uncover the plot behind this attack on the royal family? Can they find the antidote to wake the sleeping royal from a supernatural slumber? Can they bring peace back to the worried royal family and the frightened community?

Let’s hope they can, since they must solve the mystery and reach The End to get out of the book and back to their home in Colorado.


What do you think?  What are you sharing today?



7 comments:

  1. Wait. They travel...into...books?! I've gotta read that!!!

    Stop by and see my Friday fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I really need to give this series a try. I am glad you enjoyed Sprites and Scuttlebutt. Thank you for sharing, Yvonne. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series is really calling to me. I love the teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like the best of all fairy tales and mysteries all bound up together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.