Thursday, April 18, 2024

Review: CSI: Cat Sleuth Investigation by Chris Abernathy

 



About this Book


Genre
Cozy Mystery

Format
E-Book

Publisher
Wright On the Mark LLC

Release Date
June 20, 2023

Synopsis from Goodreads:

A cat who thinks he's a detective. A group of amateur female sleuths in a quiet beach town. A dead man. It's a recipe for fun - unless you're the local police chief. There are worse ways to go than sitting on a beach chair in Paradise Cove with a refreshing drink in your hand. But who wanted the victim dead? Detective Whiskers will need all his new friends to solve the case, but do they even want to talk to him after solving his first murder has gone to his head?

Sheila's grandson comes to visit Paradise Cove and love is in the air, along with too much body spray, when young Freddy meets Susi the housecleaner. He might regret staying in town, though, when the murder investigation turns in his direction.

The Paradise Cove Murder Society and Detective Whiskers are on the case ... and getting in Chief Anderson's way again.

If you love humorous cozy mysteries where pets take the lead and eccentric friends come together to solve crimes with just the right amount of suspense then the Detective Whiskers Cozy Mystery Series is exactly what you’re looking for. Buy Cat Sleuth Investigation now and find out why the only thing better than a K-9 cop is a feline detective!

My Review

Detective Whiskers and his human, Sheila, are settling into their new retirement life in Paradise Cove. Sheila’s grandson, Freddy, joins her for a visit and takes a job as a bartender. To their shock, one of Freddy’s customers is found dead and all eyes turn on him as the culprit.  

Whiskers and Sheila know Freddy is innocent.  Freddy enjoys his job but he’s worried about being arrested for murder.  Sheila does not want to see her grandson’s life destroyed over something he didn’t do.  Along with her friends from the Paradise Cove Murder Society, Sheila does some investigating.  Unbeknownst to her, her kitty Whiskers is also on the case.  He enlists some of his own friends to find a killer.

This is such a charming cozy mystery series.  As a cat lover, Detective Whiskers grabs my heart every time.  The entire book is from his POV and it’s delightful to hear all his thoughts.  He doesn’t communicate with humans and his very own human often misunderstands him.  It makes for some witty dialogue.

This is the second book in the series.  I enjoyed it even more than I did the first one (and I absolutely adored the first one!)  The story moves at a fast pace and there were a number of possible suspects.  It kept me guessing. Reading this book is a great way to spend a relaxing afternoon.

For reading challenges:

The Purrfect Reading Challenge 2024
What An Animal Reading Challenge 2024
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge 2024
Cruisin’ thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2024


Disclosure:  This one is from my own e-book collection. I received it as a freebie. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.


2 comments:

  1. This looks so cute! My cat is convinced he needs to know everything so he is kind of a detective!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.