Saturday, April 20, 2024

Review: Sprites and Scuttlebutt by Elizabeth Pantley




About the Book


Genre
Paranormal, Cozy Mystery

Format
E-Book

Release Date
February 15, 2024

Synopsis from Goodreads:

This book club is hooked on traveling into books to become the amateur sleuths! In this journey, the club travels to the Kingdom of Everglow.

The royal family is rocked to the core when a key staff member falls dead at a community event. In the turmoil that follows, any evidence of what happened is destroyed, so they must go by the recollection of witnesses who were too busy enjoying the celebration to offer any valuable testimony.

The royal family is further distressed when they return to the castle to see signs of a break in that somehow defied their complex security system. They wake the next day to discover that one member of the royal family has fallen into a deep, deathlike sleep.

Can the Snapdragon Inn Book Club uncover the plot behind this attack on the royal family? Can they find the antidote to wake the sleeping royal from a supernatural slumber? Can they bring peace back to the worried royal family and the frightened community?

Let’s hope they can, since they must solve the mystery and reach The End to get out of the book and back to their home in Colorado.

My Review

The Magical Mystery Book Club is back with their 6th literary adventure.  This book club is a bit different than most.  The members choose a cozy mystery book and then become part of the story.  They cannot return home until they solve the mystery.  This time they choose “A Murder in the Royal Kingdom of Everglow”.  The crew travels to the peaceful Kingdom of Everglow where they meet sprites as well as the royal family.  It’s all very beautiful, until tragedy strikes.  

The Queen’s Head Advisor, Cypress, is murdered.  Her daughter is given a drug to make her sleep and no one can arouse her.  The royal family and the citizens of Everglow are devastated.  However, the book club is on the case.  No one is above suspicion as they investigate the crimes and meet some very interesting characters along the way.

The series is easily on top of my list of cozy mysteries.  Each book is better than the last.  I’m always looking forward to a fun trip with the Magical Mystery Book Club.  This time we even get more background information on Frank, the talking cat.  

This book oozes with charm as the author transports the reader right into a cozy fairy tale.  I immediately felt as if I was there.  It’s a nice, comfortable feeling to be back with this group and feel as if I’m actually part of it.

There are many different aspects in this book.  It’s a paranormal paradise complete with a royal family and sprites.  The mystery is intriguing.  I kept changing my mind who the killer would be and I, of course, chose wrong.  The ending completely took me by surprise and was perfect.  

I’m so looking forward to the next great journey of the Magical Mystery Book Club.  



For reading challenges:

The Purrfect Reading Challenge 2024
What An Animal Reading Challenge 2024
Cloak & Dagger Reading Challenge 2024
Cruisin’ thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2024


Disclosure:  I borrowed this one from the Kindle Unlimited library .  I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this premise and really need to try this series. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.