Sunday, August 2, 2026

The Weekend Review - August 1st-3rd











The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It's a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

If you'd like to participate with The Sunday Salon, it is now being hosted by Deb at Readerbuzz.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is a meme with a new host!  It's now being hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. This is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from!

I'm also linking to Stacking the Shelves which is hosted by Reading Reality.


Hi Everyone! 

It's hard to believe it's August already, but here we are. Basically a quiet week for me. I did have my ophthalmologist appointment. This was actually a follow up to my annual optometrist eye exam. They spotted peeling on the left lens of my eye and they referred me to a specialist. It was a pretty good exam. Yes, I do have the peeling but it's not serious and nothing to be done. I just have to go back for regular eye appointments which I already do anyway.

I didn't finish any books this week.  Mainly because I've been suffering from migraines all week. Or it might be sinus headaches. I'm not quite sure, but nothing really works so I have to wait it out. It's a little better today. I did find out that warm compresses help, so that's a plus. 

The new Star Trek season has begun (Strange New Worlds), so I'm trying to catch up with that. I saw a weird movie called Obsession. Mainly I haven't really been watching much TV at all.

Nothing exciting planned.  We continue having heat advisories everyday. I'm hoping for a break in the headaches so I can read more.

How has your week been? I hope you all have a great upcoming week!

Blog Tours/Spotlights/Reviews/Giveaways  
I Hosted Last Week

Blog Tours/Spotlights/Reviews/Giveaways Coming Up Next Week


Wednesday:  Spotlight: A Murderer's Guide to Mardi Gras by Ellen Byron (Blog Tour/Tour-Wide Giveaway)

Thursday: Spotlight: Where There's Smoke by E.J. Copperman (Blog Tour/Tour-Wide Giveaway)


Posts last week:







I'm still reading...






I finished reading...



Nothing this week!



It's a brand new month, so I'm starting fresh with my reading schedule.  This is what I'm planning for August. We all know how easily reading lists can change so this is just tentative. I'll also try to add in a few that I missed in previous months. For now, these will be my August reads.





Here is this week's e-book freebie haul.  They were freebies when I got them, I don't know if they still are. Always make sure to check they are still free before buying. The prices change quickly. 






42 comments:

  1. Valley of the Moms is such a good title...Might check out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look good. I've been wanting to read it so hopefully soon.

      Delete
  2. So many interesting looking books. I hope that your migraines go soon. I had one the other night but it seems to have gone 🤞🏻 sugar and salt help a bit, but to be honest I just have to ride it out.

    Have a good weekend

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2026/08/01/stacking-the-shelves-161/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riding it out is pretty much what I have to do too. Nothing really helps, although a warm compress helped a little. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I’m glad your eye appointment brought reassuring news, even if it’s something they’ll just keep an eye on. I hope your headaches ease up soon so you can get back to reading—and enjoy catching up on Strange New Worlds! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you don't have anything serious going on with your eyes. I would have been freaked out if the eye doctor had found such a thing in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started to freak out, but when they said it wasn't anything to worry about I calmed down. Still, it took me by surprise.

      Delete
  5. I didn't even know that could happen to your eyes! I am glad though that it is easily taken care of and that it was a good appointment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard of anything like this either. It was weird. Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Glad your eye appt went well.getting those things checked early are helpful. I was listening to 20 Robin talk about the advancement in technology as far as healthcare and he said we just need to stay alive for the next 20 years to meet those advancements.heres hoping😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, they do make many advancements these days.

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry about the headaches and hope you feel better soon. I am not planning much for August as usual because it's hot.

    Anne - Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't plan to do much in this hot weather either. Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  8. That Valley of the Moms cover keeps catching my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about the migraines. The worst! Are they weather related? Hope answers are around the corner.

    https://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2026/08/sunday-salon-hope.html#disqus_thread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't know if they are weather related, but anything is possible.

      Delete
  10. Migraines sound awful. I hope you feel better soon. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perhaps the migraine has something to do with your eye situation? Hopefully it will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It’s hard to read or concentrate when you have a headache, I’m very sorry to hear about yours.

    I wonder if the heat has anything to do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you get relief from your migraines. Enjoy your week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2026/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-mailbox.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad that your eye results was not too serious!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about the headaches. Your August bunch of books look good. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never knew eyes can do that. Just as well we don't know everything! Hope the headaches have lessened, certainly not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are planning to renew our subscription to Paramount as soon as all of the new Star Trek season drops. I have never heard of peeling of the eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard of it either. Weird thing to suddenly get.

      Delete
  18. I'm glad your eyes are okay but sorry about the migraines. I get periods when I have a lot of migraines and between the migraine itself and the medication it is so exhausting. Enjoy your reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope your headaches have subsided and you are having a better week. ☕︎

    ReplyDelete
  20. Headaches are so annoying! I tend to get some with the weather changes, so I always assume it's sinus issues. Hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Migraines suck, I hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  22. Migraines suck, I hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's always a relief when nothing needs to be done. I'm glad your eye issue is nothing serious. I hope your migraine is gone by now and you're having a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry to hear you've been dealing with headaches, Yvonne. I hope they have cleared up. Lots of new additions to your shelf. I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.