Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hallowe’en Husbands, Harlequin Historical Anthology




Authors: Lisa Plumley, Denise Lynn and Christine Merrill

Genre: Romance

I was immediately attracted to this book because of the Halloween theme. It looked to be a fun read and that’s how it turned out.

The first story was by Lisa Plumley. I always enjoy Lisa’s historical westerns. This was a cute one. “Marriage at Morrow Creek” is a continuation of her series, Morrow Creek Matchmakers. You don’t have to read the previous books to enjoy this one.

Rose Tillson is secretly in love with Will Gavigan. He’s a man who works for her father and has yet to notice Rose’s feelings. With a little magic from a matchmaker, this All Hallow’s Eve may be a very special one for Rose.

The middle story was a medieval, a genre that I rarely read, but this one I absolutely loved. It’s by Denise Lynn, an author I will look for in the future and try to get some of her backlist.

In “Wedding at Warehaven”, Brigit is accused of being a witch. When she participates in a festivity in Warehaven to find her ‘true love’, Randall FitzHenry is convinced that Brigit is indeed a witch and must be stopped. Especially since he is the one who appeared to be her ‘true love’. The only way out is for her to marry that night. It is the last thing Brigit expected.

Christine Merrill finishes the anthology with a Regency, “Master of Penlowen”. Arabella Scott’s carriage is attacked by robbers, but thankfully she is saved by a handsome highwayman. He brings her to his dark home, where nobody else resides. She begins to wonder if she really is safer with the highwayman or would she have been better off with the robbers. This is a romance mixed with mystery and romance. Just enough of each to make for a scary read this Halloween.

I love reading anthologies that are dedicated to holidays and this was a cute one. I enjoyed it and discovered two authors I wasn’t previously familiar with. I’ll be on the look out for more books by all three authors.

4 comments:

  1. I'm reading this one now and can actually use it for the Silhouette/Harlequin '08 challenge. I didn't realize that the Plumley was part of a series, but should have guessed with Mrs. Brown, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - I didn't realize it was part of the series either. I have the previous books in my TBR, but it didn't ruin the story for me that I haven't read them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne, I'm almost finished now with the Denise Lynn novella, and I'm REALLY enjoying that one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.