Monday, June 29, 2009

Musing Mondays - Mid-Year Reading




This week's question...

Now that we’ve come to the middle of the year, what do you think of your 2009 reading so far? Read anything interesting that you’d like to share? Any outstanding favourites?

My answer...

I'm extremely happy with my reading. I'm up to 53 books, so I'm halfway to 100. I haven't read 100 books in one year in a very long time. I may not make it this year either, but I do have a good start to meet that goal.


I've also completed five challenges and I'm happy about that. Plus, I've made excellent progress on other challenges and have managed to complete many reviews as well. It feels like blogging has helped me to get back on the reading track. Before blogging, I wasn't reading nearly as much as I used to. Thanks to the reading challenges I'm also reading books that have been languishing in my TBR for years. Of course my book buying has increased, but that's not something we are discussing in this post. LOL


As for good books this year...they are all listed in my sidebar under "Great Book Alert - 2009". Those are the ones I've read this year that I really loved them most.


How are all of you doing this year? Here's to a great second half of 2009 for everyone!



glitter-graphics.com


If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button at the top of this post.

7 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I have also finished several challenges and working on more. Have went overboard on reading challenges. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2009/06/musing-mondays_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have really well with your reading this year. It is so nice to be over the 50 mark half way through the year. It kind of gives you hope you will reach the 100. I am up to 60 at the moment, so I may slow down a bit now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 53 books and 5 challenges done! You are an inspiration. :) Congrats on a great first half of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You are over the half way point! A couple of your great book alert titles are on my stack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read a few that made your Great Book Alert list. you've had a good year so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your over 50 count and on the challenges you've completed. That's very impressive. You've got some great books listed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing great. Keep it up.

    As of today, 79 down. 71 more to go, if I want to complete 150 books!

    Anything above 100 is good enough.

    Here is my Monday post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.