Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Salon - Happy Father's Day!




Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there! Hope this day is a very special one for you!


We've been having nothing but rain these days. You'd think that would make good reading time, but I'm not reading anymore than usual. Perhaps even a little less. I never read more than one book at a time, but this week I tried to read three. I finished one, almost finished with another and still early in the third. I think I'll concentrate on just one after this.


I finished "A Weaver Wedding" by Allison Leigh and it was very good. I received this from Harlequin as part of their "Tell Harlequin" panel. I enjoyed it. This book helped me to complete the Harlequin/Silhouette Reading challenge. I, also, finished listening to Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult, which I really liked. I'm definitely going to be reading more from Picoult. I've already read her My Sister's Keeper and I have a couple of others in my TBR.


I'm hoping to finish Deadly Exchange by Geoffrey M. Gluckman. This is a very intriguing book with quite a bit of action. Then I'll concentrate on finishing up Bella by J Lou McCartney. This is a sequel to her DeMarco Empire book. Actually, I believe it's a prequel to that book. From what I read so far, it's very good. I loved the DeMarco Empire, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one.


I also had a chance to watch a couple of movies this week - that's what rain will do for you :) I saw Yes Man with Jim Carrey. I haven't seen a Jim Carrey movie in ages and this was cute. Today I saw The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke. What an excellent movie and a great comeback to the acting world by Rourke. Very well done!


That just about wraps up my week in a nutshell. Hope you all have a great week. Happy Reading!




If you'd like to play along on The Sunday Salon, just click the button at the top of this post.

4 comments:

  1. That's one of my favorite kitty photos. :-)

    I wish you could send some of your rain my way. I'm not very good at juggling multiple books at once. I do better when I stick to one at a time. But sometimes, like now, when I'm reading a nonfiction book, I feel the need to try. :-)

    I will be reading DeMarco Empire soon and am looking forward to it. Glad you are enjoying the author's second book!

    I would like to see Yes Man. I've liked some of Jim Carrey's movies over the years, but not all of them. The Wrestler is one I want to see too--I am glad you liked it.

    I hope you have a great week. I can't believe it's already the beginning of another week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the rain stops soon. We are in between with hot days and cold days at the moment.

    I struggle to read more than one book at a time - I lose the story when I do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading more than one fiction book at once is very hard for me. I won't be doing this again. The most I'll do is read a non-fiction with the fiction. I've never done this before and now I remember why.

    I wish I could send some of this rain to others who need it more than we do :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.