Monday, April 8, 2013

Musing Mondays - April 8th


If you'd like to play along on Musing Mondays, just click the button above to join in.



Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…


  • Describe one of your reading habits.
  • Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
  • Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
  • Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
  • Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
  • Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books -- let's hear it, then! :D



My Musing...

Okay...I'm just rambling this week....and I'm rambling about technology and books.  As many of my regular blog readers know, I'm loving my e-readers.  I never planned to get one - I thought I was a traditionalist and could only read a print book, but I was wrong about myself.  I love my e-readers.  I went from a Nook, to a Nook Color to a Nook Touch  to a Kobo to a Kindle to a Kindle Fire to a Kindle Paperwhite.  So, here I am with 6 e-readers and a ton of books (mostly freebies and review books) on each one. But, my love of technology hasn't ended there...

Now I have a Samsung Tablet and I have apps for the Kindle, Nook and Kobo on it.  So, now I can read all my e-books from all my devices in one place!  Not to mention that I can also play all those addictive games that I love and play on Facebook.

Problem is...with all the extra bells and whistles on my tablet, I get easily distracted from reading.  It's too easy for me to go from book to game to e-mail (oh, my e-mail is on the tablet too).  I have to figure out a way to concentrate on reading again.  There are just not enough hours in a day to do everything I want to do.  Before I know it, it's nighttime and I have to go to sleep.  Maybe I should just give up sleeping?

What about you? Have you been caught up in technology too? 

9 comments:

  1. I gave my old and first Kindle to my teenage grand nephew, who is thrilled. It has a ton of books on it, mostly free books, but his dad hopes he sticks to the classics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm an eReader addict. I have an original Nook (my first), Nook Color, Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire. I still love and read on them all, lol. My husband got me an iPhone for Valentine's Day, and I can read books on it, too. I need help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Nook or two around here, but when I got a tablet (an iPad) I went to using apps for the Nook and Kindle and iBooks on it.
    I still have issues with the whole e-book think, but happily, I am rarely distracted by games..or my e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... I thought the same way as you, I said, "I have to many books on my bookshelves, so no e-readers. Then in January 2012, I decided to get a Nook Color, loved it...got a Kindle...didn't like it as well...Finally in December 2012 got a KindleFire...like it but not as much as the Nook Color... Last week I got an iPad 2 which has my Nook on it....so far I like my Nook Color best, but I'm sure the more I use my iPad and play around with it I will probably began to like it best of all. Happy Reading....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that you can use your tablet as an eReader! I know what you mean about distractions, though.... Excellent musing today; I think many of us can relate to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6 e-readers?! wow lady, that's impressive! I have a Samsung phone and I can just image how awesome the Tablet is. That's great that you can combine all the e-reader apps like that.
    I finally got a Nook for Christmas, and after always swearing I'd never go 'e-reader', I'm a convert. I love my Nook. The problem surely is that I can surf the web on it and check facebook, blogger, email...etc....so not only does my e-reader distract me from hard copies of books, it also distracts me from reading as well. I've started getting stricter though, and making sure I stay off the web, or else I'll never get anything read.
    Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sometimes consider buying a Kindle, just to learn the technology: I have little experience with touch-screens and modern operating systems. As a librarian, I need to know how to operate gadgets because so many people come in looking for help from us. I could see getting a Kindle to save on space, considering how much I read, but I'm adverse to gadgets...I feel they get in the way of my enjoying life, because they're constantly demanding my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Six e-readers is craziness! I personally have a Nook Color, plus I have apps on my computer and phone, but that's all as far as e-books go. Much as I love e-books I still far prefer hardcopies. I can totally understand where you're coming from though as far as distractions go because I have the same issue when I read on my phone. Interestingly though, I don't have that issue when I read on my Nook because I literally use it just for reading (and buying way too many e-books, lol!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had 3 Kindles - a basic, a touch and now a paperwhite. Admittedly I sold the first two so only have one. I do enjoy reading on it and am glad to have it to take on holiday in the next couple of weeks. I sometimes read on the iPad or my android phone using the Kindle app. I am thinking about getting an iPad mini. I love technology but 6 e readers! That is as someone else said, craziness! Lol my musing is here: http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/04/08/what-im-reading/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.