Monday, February 17, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - February 18th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...



Sunshine splashed into the windows of the Bremerton waterfront cafe. Rachel Peyton sat in a booth, gazing out at the street and taking occasional sips of the apple juice she'd ordered. It was Friday, late afternoon, and she'd come after work to meet a friend. She couldn't stop thinking about her marriage to Bruce, wondering how it had disintegrated so fast. They'd gone from an impromptu wedding last December to separation less than ten months later. She turned her head to look in the direction of Cedar Cove. The town was situated on the other side of Sinclair Inlet but might as well have been across the Pacific.

Rachel felt she couldn't go back home to Cedar Cove - to Yakima Street - and yet she had no other viable choice. She'd left after the latest argument with her stepdaughter, Jolene. Although Bruce was aware of the tension between her and Rachel, he'd never adequately addressed it, believing it would eventually resolve itself. Oh, sure, he'd mad a halfhearted offer to go to counseling with, or more likely without, Jolene. But that was too little, too late. Nothing had changed, and, as a result, the stress in their home had become intolerable. Now that she was pregnant, Rachel had decided to leave...for the sake of her sanity and for her own health and that of her baby.



Would you continue reading?



21 comments:

  1. I love curling up with a good Debbie Macomber. Always a good comfort read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did continue reading this book and really liked it. I am kind of a Debbie Macomber fan. When I need a comfort food read, I always reach for one of Debbie's books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now here's an author I have not read. She's got a bunch of books out there. I would not know where to start.

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these but I did watch the show last fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me feel nice and warm after all of our snow. I'd keep reading Yvonne. Thanks for sharing with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be an ideal book for a holiday setting such as on the cover. Right now it's snowing here.
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  7. This might be a good vacation read... have not tries any of her books, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good beach read!

    Here's Mine: http://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/fiction/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-intros/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The intro intrigues me. I would continue to read on...

    Here is my Tuesday Intros post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I would keep reading it. I've read a couple of her books, and I liked them. I read from her Christmas and Angels series during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've wanted to read this series for a while. I have a "bundle" of the first few ones on my Nook. Enjoy!

    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/02/first-chapter-first-paragraph-50.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do hope things work out for her. My teasers this week are from Shame on You by Tara Sivec and Burn Bright by Bethany Frenette. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I would continue reading. Great tease.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to catch up with Macomber's books....they always leave me feeling so good! This one is going on my list. Thanks for sharing, and here's MY TUESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie Macomber's books are always entertaining, so I'd definitely read this one -- even though the paragraphs you posted felt slow to me.
    My Teaser is from SINFUL FOLK.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh a ten month marriage doesn't sound promising. I'm intrigued although this isn't a book I'd normally choose....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll have to look into this one, the cover looks so inviting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2014/02/teaser-tuesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've yet to read a Debbie Macomber and I even picked one up for Christmas! kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good tease -- I may actually get round to reading this series some day. Mine: The Begonia Bribe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds quite sad actually, I haven't read anything from this author yet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely would.... I like the descriptive scenes. It puts you there and in the moment with her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.