Friday, February 21, 2014

Review: 1105 Yakima Street by Debbie Macomber (Cedar Cove #11)





Genre:
Romance

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Mira

Release Date:
August 2011


Rachel and Bruce love each other and are about to have a baby. Unfortunately, Bruce’s teenage daughter, Jolene, from a previous marriage is not happy about any of this and wants Rachel out of their house. Rachel and Bruce are confused since Rachel and Jolene had been very close before Rachel married Bruce. Once the marriage happened, everything changed. Jolene is determined to rid her family of Rachel once and for all. When Rachel moves out, Bruce fears his daughter may have succeeded in destroying his life.

Another pregnant woman, Gloria Ashton, is having problems of her own. She’s about to be a single mother and still in love with Dr. Chad Timmons. Much to her dismay, he’s involved with another woman. Gloria has quite a few decisions to make. The biggest one – does she want her child to grow up with only one parent or would adoption be a better alternative?

Meanwhile, Linc and Lori Wyse have their own problem. Her father, Leonard Bellamy, disapproves of their marriage and plans to ruin Linc’s business. Bellamy won’t even listen to his wife. Linc’s not going to take this lying down. He will not only prove to Bellamy he loves Lori, but he plans to reunite their family.

Olivia Griffin and her brother Will Jefferson have a difficult task ahead of them. Their mother and her new husband are suffering from occasional memory loss. Together, brother and sister will do everything they can for their mother and her husband.

Cedar Cove has always been one of my favorite series, but I haven’t read them as much as I would have liked. That’s more about my schedule then anything having to do with the books. All of the stories above began in previous books and I was afraid I wouldn’t remember them, but as soon as I started reading, they all came back to me. I felt as if I was re-visiting old friends. That’s probably why I love the new Cedar Cove TV show so much.

Each story flowed beautifully and the characters are all realistic facing real life problems. This was a book I read for the “Just for Fun” reading challenge and it definitely filled the bill for me. I only have one more left in this series and, although I will go to another Macomber series, I will miss this one very much.




For reading challenges:
2014 Just for Fun Reading Challenge
2014 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge

FTC Disclosure: This book is from my own collection. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. I am a fan of Cedar Cover the series on Hallmark and Debbie Macomber but I must admit I just started this series in book form and I am only on book two. :( It's a series I have always wanted to read and with the show on hallmark it just makes me want to read it more and more! :) It is very cool that you can just step right back into the stories and remember them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvonne, this series sounds engrossing, in book and TV form. I have the same problem as you (many of us do!), not enough time to read or watch what I'd like to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.