Thursday, February 18, 2016

Review: No Cats Allowed by Miranda James



Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-ARC

Publisher:
Berkley Prime Crime Mysteries

Release Date:
February 2016






This is the seventh book in the “A Cat in the Stacks Mystery” series. Charlie Harris and his beloved Maine Coon cat Diesel are back in this new adventure. I just have to start this review with – I’m a big fan of this series and a cat lover. So, this book immediately won me over.

Oscar Reilly, the new library director, is on a mission to cut costs. One of those costs is assistant Melba, who happens to be a dear friend of Charlie’s. Reilly wants to replace her with someone younger and less costly. To add fuel to the fire, he bans Diesel from the library claiming to have an allergy to cats. Charlie points out to the HR department that Reilly has often been near Diesel with no allergic reactions.

When Reilly is found dead in the library, Melba is the main suspect. However, there is no short supply of suspects. Charlie is determined to prove his friend’s innocence.

This book oozes with charm. Charlie and Diesel always leave me smiling. I just want to cuddle with that adorable Main Coon.

Okay, enough about the handsome kitty  Now, to the story, there were a few twists and turns I wasn’t expecting. It’s fast-paced and an enjoyable read. All of the characters are well-developed and seem realistic to me. Each one has a distinct personality that comes right through with every page. I feel as if I’m visiting with old friend. I’m looking forward to the next one.



For reading challenges:

Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2016
Cruisin’ thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2016
2016 NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge
What an Animal Reading Challenge 2016
Finishing the Series Reading Challenge 2016

Disclosure: The publisher and NetGalley provided me with a copy of this book for my honest review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

5 comments:

  1. Books and a cat on the cover, you know it's got to be good!

    A lot of us would be in trouble if we lived where no cats were allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first book in this series ages ago and for some reason didn't continue with the series but I've been seeing good reviews and have been wanting to pick it back up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Maine Coons. That sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I,too,love the cover, and the book sounds very charming. Happy Caturday, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.